"This didn't happen because of me Evelyn." He whispered in my ear suddenly behind me. It was the farthest thing from pleasant as possible. What was he talking about? He was there. He almost killed me with them and maybe he should have!

"What do you mean?" I tried bravely but my voice came out as a scarce whisper to which he seemed to revel in. Suddenly in front of me he stroked a stone cold finger down the side of my face.

"Time is too short for such trivial questions." He said and evaporated into mist before my eyes. "We're more alike than you think." I felt his cold breath on my neck and quickly jerked as far away as possible only to end up inches from his marble carved face. I was suddenly filled with an unearthly rage.

"I'm nothing like you." I whispered ashamed at how timid it came out.

"What was that?" He said with a laugh making a mockery of me.

"You're a monster!" I screamed, this really made him laugh as the edges of my vision became mist like.

"We both know who the real monster is." He said with a final look that unnerved me. "Evelyn." He dragged out in a breathy hiss as he was devoured by the dark mist.

_______________________________________________________________

I rose with a gasp clutching the blankets to my neck eying my darkened room with fear, the light peaking through the curtains only near the bottom. He wasn't here though. I could tell. With a shaky sigh I run my fingers through my slightly tangled hair glancing at the clock.

3:52 pm

I scoffed and roughly tossed the covers off of me knowing I would find no more reprieve of sleep today. Will I ever get adjusted to this schedule? It's Monday. In a few hours I will of finally start my time here at New Haven, and so far it's starting out rocky.

I had slept the weekend away peacefully for the first time in months and had hoped that maybe just maybe it was the end of them, but tonight... or rather today... was something else all together.

It was so vivid.

He was so real. Sibel was so real. This can't be normal. We both know who the real monster is. His words echoed roughly through my head.

"What does that even mean?" I growled throwing on a sweatshirt. I needed to leave. There was only one place I could think of to clear my thoughts. The roof. I suddenly paused, the cold door knob in hand. 

Would he be there? 

I quickly shrugged off that possibility, it would be a miracle if I passed anyone at all on my trip there seeing as it was mid afternoon, and even the humans seemed adjusted to the schedule. I was right to assume that as I pushed through the roof door unnoticed by those too deep in sleep. I envied them. At least their dreams weren't haunted by demons.

With a heavy frown I walked to the edge, hopping up where he had stood before. I couldn't stay feeling so close to falling so I settled for sitting, my legs dangling off the side. My nerves calmed as I stared at the passing cars. There was just something serene about city life even during the day; almost magical. Maybe it was because the weather had a crisper feel to it with its cool winter strong on the horizon, but something about it spoke to me in a way I needed. I reveled in the sun peaking through the dreary sky warming my skin in the smallest of ways.

I sighed heavy pulling one knee up and resting my head on it. Sibel suddenly came to mind. She had looked at me so heartbroken and angry. Was that on some level her spirit calling out to me of its unrest? She had been so real. Right there. Even in my dreams I couldn't save her. I thought sullenly.