Chapter 6

A/N: My internet is back on!!! I'm so happy and yes, that deserved three exclamation marks.

Anyway, need some help: a rotating schedule or a rotational schedule? Thanks!

*****

"So you wanted to embarrass him about being poor or about his body shape?"

I swirled the steering wheel and took a left turn.

"Neither," I replied to my youngest sibling. "I felt the need to make sure he had money... Even though I can't give him that much each time I go to the café."

"And that's probably a good thing."

My eyes glanced at him just for a brief moment before returning to the road. Kennedy was sitting in his favorite position when in the passenger seat - leaning back, his left ankle atop of his right knee. He looked cool and cocky at the same time; if it wasn't for the sparkle of interest in his eyes, I'd add bored to the list.

"If you give him a large tip each time, he'll think one of these." He began enlisting, a finger springing up from his loose fist with each example. "You want to change his body, you think he is poor and pity him, you are some asshole who thinks he's a big deal and tries to prove it with large tips or - if he realizes you want him - he'll think you are trying to buy him."

"It's neither of those." I shook my head and turned the car right this time. "I just want to help him out financially."

"I know that, you know that, but as far as Riley is concerned, you are just a shady stranger who gives him suspiciously large tips for a mug of coffee."

"One time, one tip," I corrected.

"But you are planning on stopping by the mall after you drop me off at school, right?" He smirked. "I doubt it's for a new pair of jeans, although you could use one or two, bro."

"I'm not buying anything from that place," I stressed. "Everything is expensive and ugly. And what's with the skinny jeans fashion? It's probably a challenge to breathe in those things, let alone move."

My brother shrugged.

"I agree about the expensive part, but they got awesome t-shirts. As for skinny jeans - you said Riley is skinny so he'd probably look good in them."

"That doesn't count," I insisted, thinking of my gorgeous, albeit too slim mate. "Riley would look good in anything."

Or without anything.

I shook my head to get rid of the inappropriate thoughts that always seemed to make their way into my mind.

The two of us alone in our bedroom, him standing in front of our window with the moonlight shining at his back while he slowly unbuttoned his white shirt, keeping eye contact, his eyes burning with desire for me...

I shook my head harder and felt my cheeks heating as I realized my brother had been watching me.

"What?" I asked in a low tone, attempting to hide my embarrassment.

"Nothing." He grinned. "I can just tell what you were thinking about. Well, not the details, but I can make out the gist of it... And it includes making out..."

"None of your business, Kennedy," I reprimanded, entering the parking lot.

"Yeah, it's between you and Riley... Rhys and Riley..."

"Has a ring to it, doesn't it?" I smiled as I stopped the car in an empty spot and turned to him just in time to see him wink when he replied:

"Maybe one day he'll wear your ring."