28: it's the end and i am crying

Comincia dall'inizio

"Fuck, I know, I feel like a shitty girlfriend for fucking moving to the other side of the country, but like, fuck, it's a tricky situation, isn't it?"

Frances nodded, "it is."

"God, Gee, you look so sad," Lindsey placed her hand on Gee's shoulder, laughing a little as she did so, "Frances, what the fuck are you saying to her?"

"No," Gee shook her head, "Frances is cheering me up, promise."

"She's not doing a very good job, evidently." Lindsey's eyes widened, glaring at Frances jokingly. "Seriously, you alright, though?"

"As alright as I guess I can be." Gee shrugged it off, "so still a little shitty."

"Come on, Gee, have some more to drink - that's the obvious solution here." Frances added, finishing her can of beer.

Gee shrugged, "not much a fan of drinking, honestly, I don't know, it's just... I'm not sad, just perhaps overwhelmed, emotionally, if you know what I mean?"

Lindsey nodded, "I do. It's gonna be okay, though, it's not like you're dropping of the face of the planet, is it?"

"No," Gee shook her head, "not anything quite like that, not yet. Fuck, I'm going to miss you so much, you know?"

"Hell, you better," Lindsey exclaimed, before pulling Gee into a hug, and taking a moment to truly appreciate her because she was truly a wonderful person who deserved everything in the whole world, and deserved a better leaving party than this, but they'd managed to put together something like sixteen dollars between all six of them, so with that, this was the best they managed.

"Don't worry." Gee smiled, pulling away, "just gonna get something to drink," she made an excuse to get away from them and into the kitchen before she could start crying.

"Fuck," she muttered aloud, leaning back against the fridge and putting her hands into her pockets as she glanced up at the ceiling, however she felt her hand come across something in her pocket - Frank's jacket pocket.

She pulled out a folded up piece of lined paper with 'Gee' written upon in Frank's handwriting: initially confused, she unfolded it and began to read it to find that it was a letter of sorts.

'This is everything I'm too fucking scared to say to your face, but what I can't keep inside. I love you so much, you're so beautiful, you're my favourite person in the whole world, the entire universe, and I don't know how I'm going to manage with you so far away but I'm going to try really fucking hard for you, because you're the best thing to ever happen to me, and I think I could live to eighty five and that'd still be true. Everyday I look at you and I still can't believe that you love me, that you'd date me, and that I'm so lucky to have you, and you moving away is fucking me up, but it's going to be amazing for you - I know that, so don't you dare let me stop you. Have the best time in California, don't get too tanned or you're not going to be goth enough for me anymore - joking. I'll love you whatever. I'll love you forever. And I'm going to visit as often as I can - that's a promise. Frank.'

And if Gee's eyes were watering before, now they were fucking flooding.

-

Pete had insisted, and even promised that he wouldn't cry.

But he was.

It was okay; Mikey had expected him to, not because he thought Pete as weak or like the kind of person who just would cry, he just knew that Pete cared, and he hoped Pete knew that it was okay, and that Mikey needed him to care, even if it ended up hurting him.

Mikey didn't like the idea of anyone hurting, let alone Pete, but still, it was something he bore for Gee's sake, as they sat together, in Pete's bedroom, with some shitty TV on in the background - a show neither of them paid any attention to, and honestly how could they with their hands entwined, and Mikey was even something like ninety percent sure that Pete hadn't taken his eyes off him even once in the past fifteen minutes.