24: the actual plot is happening fuckedy fuck

Mikey couldn't sleep.

And neither could she.

Perhaps that was why she did it.

Because she cared about her brother more than anything.

More than Frank: the boyfriend, asleep beside her, in his bed - a gesture which was indeed endearing, but not practical in reality. Gee just wasn't good at sleeping in places other than her bedroom.

And the fact that she simply wasn't tired certainly didn't help.

It was something stupid like one in the morning.

They'd stopped arguing by now - her parents, that is, but only because they'd gone to sleep, or so Mikey had said. And she felt so guilty, so sorry for this all, despite how many times everyone in the world continued to insist that this was anything but her fault, and she did understand where they were coming from, she just didn't understand how she couldn't take the blame for a mess she'd caused.

So she got up, out of bed, and stood in the darkness of Frank's bedroom for a moment: her face only illuminated by her phone screen and the message she'd sent in response to Mikey.

The message in question, being a simple: 'I'll be a minute.'.

Because Mikey had asked her to come back and keep him company for a while, and she'd felt obliged too.

It didn't matter - Frank wouldn't even be asleep while she was gone, and not that he should ever have any objection to Gee talking to her brother, of course, but there was just perhaps something in sneaking away in the middle of the night without explanation. It didn't matter, though, she assured herself, as she pulled on what she discovered to be Frank's leather jacket on top of her shirt and skirt from yesterday, but honestly she couldn't care all that much in the moment.

She made it downstairs successfully: sneaking out of someone else's house was not something she was particularly accustomed to, or something that even made sense in her head, because she was free to leave, it was just the fact that it was one in the morning.

But it was just the fact that Mikey was easily the most important person on the whole fucking planet for Gee, and the hour on the clock did very little to alter that in any way.

She made it out the front door with success, biting her bottom lip as it came to making it down the few streets back home at one in the morning, in the darkness and the unnerving atmosphere that the night time gave her, but the journey wasn't particularly long, and she did indeed survive it, if only be walking as fast as she could manage and cursing periodically under her breath.

She texted Mikey to let him know that she was outside, biting her lip and hating how her own made her nervous, and how she'd grown to hate her parents, how she'd grown to become all they despised in the world, and again how she sometimes found herself taking pride in such a thing.

It was all very odd.

The front door opened about a minute later, revealing light streaming in through the hallway, and an evidently sleep deprived Mikey, with his fringe sticking up in random directions and a shirt that Gee highly suspected was Pete's on, but now really wasn't the time to interrogate her little brother in regards to his clothing choices.

"You alright?" Gee asked, making her way inside, and in the light actually managing to make out her appearance, and in turn discovering that this was also Frank's shirt - she was pretty damn sure this was her own skirt, though, seeing as Frank didn't own a single skirt, hey at least she could be sure of something.