"Try what?" I look at him.

"Skating, come on!" He pulls on my hand, and I get up.

"I can't, but Becky here wants to try." I smile and wink at her.

"What?" He looks at her, and then he looks at me. I know that look.

No, you don't! Mr. Zachary Grayson.

"If you show her how to skate, I promise I'll try." I try to compromise. He silently considers this.

"Fine!" He finally sighs.

"Really?" Becky smiles, standing up.

"Come on!" He snaps at her and leads the way.

Jerk!

Liam chuckles when he sees me coming.

"You agreed." He grins.

"Did you send Zach?"

"I assumed you would say no to me." He shrugs.

When have I ever?

Liam steps off the Skateboard and helps me onto it. I latch onto his shirt, staring down like I just stepped on the ledge of a tall tower.

"It's not as hard as you think." He assures me.

"What if I fall?"

"I won't let you fall." He says, and my heart flutters.

"Take a step, and as you do, push against the ground. Keep your arms stretched out to help your balance."

I try to do as he says, but I wobble, and I feel my legs give out. But he catches me.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"I'm fine."

I try again, and the same thing happens. This happens over and over. I'm so in my head that I can't even maintain my balance for 5 seconds.

"What is wrong with you? Even Becky is doing it." The frustration is clear in Zach's voice.

"Listen, Jess, don't be afraid. The moment you let your fear get the best of you is when you lose your balance. Just trust yourself." Liam tells me.

Okay, Jessica! You've got this, damn it!

"Okay, I can do this," I say, pushing him away.

"Are you sure?" He hesitates.

"Yes," I assure him, and he steps away.

I start pushing against the ground, and I hold my hands out for balance. I actually start skating.

I'm skating!

I turn around.

"I think I got thi..." Before I can even finish with my sentence, I'm losing my balance and swaying from side to side. I snap my head back and throw my hands up trying to regain my balance but its too late. I send my hands down for support and land flat on my ass, crushing my fingers in the process. I wail as all my weight rests on my wrists. The pain is excruciating.

All four of them rush to me.

"Why did you turn around?" Dean asks, kneeling beside me.

"Are you okay?" Liam takes ahold of my wrists.

"Ahh!" I cry out as a sharp pain ripples from my hand all the way to my brain.

"Does your hand hurt?" He holds it up, and I wince.

"I think you sprained your wrist." He says.

"I'm gonna go get mom," Zach says, but I shake my head.

"No, it's okay. I'll go to her." I struggle to get up, and Liam helps me. But he accidentally holds my hand a little too tight, and I feel the pain shooting to my ears.