Chapter Seven

It's a lazy Tuesday, and Steff and Jeremy are going at it at lunch like always

"No, I have an amazing sense of style. She would be lucky to have me dress her for a red carpet." She glares at him.

"You think you can style an A-lister? There is no way!" Jeremy says, enjoying annoying her a little too much.

"Oh, yeah? And what exactly do you know about fashion, huh?" Her face turns pink with anger, and we burst into laughter.

"It's not funny!" She glares at us, and we laugh harder.

"I'm just messing around, Steff. You have an amazing talent." He manages to say in between laughter.

"Too late!" She scowls at him.

"No, really. You do."

She turns her head away, pouting. Jeremy takes a hold of her hands "You know I think you are amazing." He says, and she turns around with a smug smile.

"I love it when you beg." She says.

"Who's begging?" He lets go of her hand, and she arches her brow at him.

"Mind if I join you?" Liam puts his tray down and sits down beside me without waiting for a reply. Even though I refused to go out on that date he asked me out on we have been hanging out around school for the sake of keeping up appearances. We meet up every morning and walk in together and show PDA in the halls. Some believe that we are actually going out, and others, like Brittany, have their doubts. But he never sits with us at lunch, mainly because I told him I needed privacy with my friends.

"What did I miss?" He asks, casually putting an arm around me.

"Nothing important." I discreetly shake his hands off, trying to break free of his hold. But he holds me even tighter, snuggling me close.

That familiar sage and cedarwood scent fills my nostrils along with his aftershave. Gah! He smells good.

"Ryan is throwing a birthday party tonight. I wanted to invite you guys." He says.

"Why?" Steff asks, looking at him like he's gone mad.

"Why not?" He raises a brow at her.

She considers this for a second.

"Sure. Sounds good." She shrugs.

Wait a minute!

"I don't think I can make it tonight. I have other plans." I say, looking at Steff so she can back me up. "Remember that plan that I told you I had?"

"Nope!" She says and smiles at Liam.

What the hell?

"Don't even try," Liam whispers roughly in my ears.

"Thanks for the invitation, but I think I'll pass," Jeremy says, taking a bite out of his sandwich. He doesn't even try to hide his dislike for Liam.

"Why do I have to go?" I ask.