Chapter Nine

I was woken up to a loud crash.

It took me a few seconds to realize I had fallen asleep on the couch last night. I couldn't believe it. I hadn't done that in years.

Since, Peter and I were the only ones home and I didn't see Peter, I figured he was up to something. And, soon enough, I found out my theory  was  correct.

Peter was in the kitchen, there was flour and water everywhere and not to mention he was covered in flour also. There was a huge skillet on the flour and Peter was sitting in the middle of the floor, sighing. He looked upset.

I went over to him and bent to his level, "What's up?"

"Well...you slept longer than you usually do...and you've been really upset about Papa, so I thought I'd make you breakfast....but, I ended up making a big mess...I'm sorry," He looked down and I chuckled slightly, wiping some of the flour off of his face.

"You're a goofball," I laughed, sitting down completely, "I'm not too excited about the mess, but thank you for trying to make me breakfast," I smiled, hugging him, though I ended up covered in flour also.

"Hey! You're the one who slept on the couch and woke me up!" Peter pouted, "You move a lot in your sleep! You pushed me off the couch!"

I gasped dramatically, "Oh no!" He chuckled, hugging me.

"Papa is going to be alright," He said, swaying slightly, smiling.

I was curious as to why or even how he could think this, "Why do you say that."

Peter was quiet for a bit, biting his lip, hesitantly almost.

"Peter..? What's wrong?"

"N-nothing Mama!" He smiled, jumping up, starting to clean.

"Peter, why did you say that..?" I couldn't get what he said out of my head...he seemed so confident in his words.

He didn't answer as he began to sweep up the flour into a pile, well, except what I was sitting on. He cleaned for a while before sitting back down right next to me.

"Peter, could you please tell me what you meant?" By now, I was anxious and scared about what might have happened to Berwald.

"I only said it because," Peter paused for a moment.

"I just got off the phone with him."

--369 words!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! (It's actually 12:37 A.M. here...so boo...November 1..bluh)
Ciffhanger because...why not?
Thanks for reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Sky--