Chapter Two

At the time, no one had thought anything bad would happen. Berwald was off for a business trip.

No one knew he wouldn't come back the way he was. No one knew he'd be in the hospital. No one knew he wouldn't wake up.

I couldn't believe how this had all happened in only two days. He left for the fourty-eight hour ride to the top of the chain of where he works.

No one knew someone would run a red light. No one knew it would hit the Swede. No one knew.

No one could have known anyway.

I was so surprised upon hearing the news. I had quickly called Lukas and had him take me to the hospital, while Mathais and Emil watched Peter.

I couldn't drive. Not after the news I had just received.

I couldn't believe it when I saw him.

"That's not him."

I wouldn't let it sit in my head. Berwald was too strong, too tough to look so hurt and weak.

But, it was him.

I screamed and cried. I begged and pleaded, but nothing would change what just happened.

Nothing could fix him. Fate, faith, doctors. He'd never be the same. It wouldn't be possible.

His legs were smashed. He'd never walk on his own again. If he could even walk that is. He'll be wheelchair bound most likely.

I am still in disbelief. That cant be Ber. It's not possible.

He would never do that. He is a safe driver, he wouldn't let anyone ever hit his car. Not even alone.

He would know everyone would be sad. He wouldn't want that.

So, I put on a smile. Peter can't know. He'd be so upset. He would look for the guy who hit his 'papa'.

But, he wouldn't know. The man is in jail for attempted manslaughter and running a red light.

That still isn't enough for me. I want justice.

I want my lover back.

--326 words!!
So, today is 9/11 and I'd like to say that I appreciate everyone whose life was lost. Those who fought. Those who have to suffer the loss of family members.
Thank you for your deeds. Thank you.
~Sky--