❀ Chapter 21 ❀

Jisoo's POV

I laid down on my bed, a towel covering the pillow. Beep beep.

"Hm?" I turned my head, grabbing my phone from the nightstand. 'Can we go shopping tomorrow? I really want to get everything ahead of time. -Jeonghan'

'Yeah, why not? Do you want me to message Hosh, Mingyu, Jun, and Wonwoo?' I clicked send. A few moments later, the screen lit up.

'Ah, no it's fine. Wonwoo is helping Jun with his writing class, Hosh is helping Mingyu with science. I don't want to bother them, so it'll be just the two of us.' I felt my stomach twist a bit. This is the first time in a while since we've done something together... I shook my head, standing up and shaking the rest of my body. I picked up the phone.

'Alright, where should I meet you?' I took in a deep breath, closing my eyes a bit as I sat down. Beep beep.

'At my house, we'll go from there. :) See you tomorrow! Make sure you dream about me. :p' I felt my breath catch in my throat. 'JEONGHAN DO YOU WANT TO KILL ME?!', what I wanted to type. I took in another breath, shaking my head. I placed a hand over my heart, feeling as it practically wanted to jump out of my chest.

'If I dream about you, you won't be able to sleep. Haven't you heard that if you can't sleep at night, you're awake in someone else's dream?' I chuckled a bit. The screen lit up a second later.

'Okay, I take it back. Don't dream of me, I need my sleep. How do you think I managed this face?' A few seconds later, a picture appeared. He was smiling as he had an arm around Dino. I couldn't stop the smile from forming on my face. You don't need sleep, you'd still be beautiful anyway. I sighed. Jisoo, stop it.

'Go to sleep, you'll turn out ugly in the morning if you don't!' I set my phone back down on the nightstand as I laid back down.

"Jeonghan... I should really stop liking you. I feel like you'll like someone soon, and it'll break me." I rolled on to my side. I stayed quiet for a bit. "But maybe... I'll just like you until then." I yawned, closing my eyes as sleep took over.

~~~~~

"So what's the first thing we need to look for?" I grabbed a shopping cart, looking back as Jeonghan took out a piece of paper.

"Cake. Well, ingredients to make the cake. Flour, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract..." He continued to read ingredients off the paper. "We also needs balloons, streamers, napkins, and candles."

"How many people are going to be there exactly?" I pushed the cart, looking up to see where the flour and sugar would be.

"He said he wanted to have everyone that came over yesterday to come to his party. Especially Shin Hye and Jungkook. He says he likes them the most now." Jeonghan chuckled. "I don't think Jun would like to hear he got replaced from being Chan's favorite." He smiled, walking ahead as he looked around. "You know, I overheard my eumma talking about adopting a kid."

"Really? What for?" I pushed the cart, walking side by side with him. He reached up, grabbing a bag of flour and putting it in the cart.

"I'm not sure, but I think they say it feels lonely in the house. Like when Dino stays after school or I'm out hanging out with you guys." He continues to walk, a smile appearing on his face when he spots powdered sugar. He picks it up, walking over and placing it next to the flour. "Was it baking powder or baking soda?" He mumbled to himself. I smile a bit, watching as he scratched his head.

"I'm sure it's baking powder." I walked over, grabbing a can and placing it in the cart. He nods.

"Now we need butter... I hope we don't make the house explode." He laughed.

"We could ask someone for help, but I doubt it's hard to make." I pushed the cart again, walking to the wher the butter should be. I stopped, spotting it and walked over. I reached for it, but I saw another hand appear.

"Oh, sorry." A familiar voice said. I felt my jaw clench a bit.

"Coups, what are you doing here?" I turned around, seeing Jeonghan carrying more ingredients in his hands.

"Careful, you could drop that." Seungcheol smiled slightly, walking over and taking some items out of his hands. "Where's the cart?" Jeonghan motioned with his head, walking over to the cart and placing the items in. I turned back around, closing my eyes and taking in a breath. I really don't like you, you know. I wish you'd stop popping up in random places... I picked up the little box of butter, going back to the two as I saw them talking.

"-nd he wants to make a special dinner." I heard Seungcheol say.

"Tell them I say 'hi'." Jeonghan smiled shyly. "Oh, I need to talk to you about Yong. He snapped a bit at Shin Hye yesterday, and I was wondering what was going on. Shin Hye seemed upset to see him act means towards her." Seungcheol nodded slowly.

"I think he's dealing with heartbreak right now. She's dating someone else." He frowned a bit, Jeonghan copied.

"Ah... That must really hurt. He seemed to be close with her..." Jeonghan looked over at me, his eyes widening a bit as he turned back to Seungcheol. "Sorry, I forgot we were here to get some shopping done." He smiled nervously over at me.

"It's fine, I didn't mean to interrupt." Seungcheol smiled, looking over at me. His eyes also widened, turning back to Jeonghan. "I should get going now, good luck with your shopping!" He turned around, walking away.

"What else do we need?" I said, trying to manage a smile. He makes me so angry... But why? He seems nice... I don't know, all I know is that I don't like him.

~~~~~

"Thank you for helping me today Jisoo." Jeonghan turned, smiling over at me.

"Why wouldn't I help you? It's not like I have much to do." I continued to walk, making sure the bags didn't slip from my grip.

"...why don't you like Seungcheol?" Jeonghan stopped. I tensed up a bit, turning around.

"I just don't, I'm sorry Jeonghan. But I just don't like him." I looked at him.

"I just don't want my friends getting into any arguments." He pouted a bit. Don't do that. "But if you don't like him, I'll try not to have him around if you're with me." He looked up from the ground, smiling at me. I blinked. Jisoo say something! Or at least breathe!

"That's okay. You don't need to do that. After all, you seem happy when there's more of us doing something together." I smiled, continuing to walk.

"We'll just tell me if you prefer for it to be just our friends, or just you and me. Okay?" He started walking again, nudging my arm. If you keep saying those things, you'll end up spending all your time next to me. I don't mind that, but maybe you do...

~~~~~

Writing Jisoo's POV was a little bit challenging, but it was really interesting to do! It kind of broke my heart as I wrote it though. ;~; anyways, I hope it wasn't too sad.