Chapter Fifty-Five: Promise Me

Start from the beginning

The doctor got me out of my mind: "As you can see, she's sleeping. She needs rest. Her tiredness plus her trauma... she could've got serious brain damages. Let her sleep, okay?"

"I won't be a pain. I just... want to be by her side. Thank you very much."

He smiled and left. I entered the room. The only sound was the monitor beeping, representing her heartbeat.

I sat on the chair next to her: "Hey, Celia. It's me."

I took her cold hand in mine.

"I'm gonna let you sleep, I promise, but I want you to know... that I'm not leaving. I'll always be here for you. You won't get rid of me that easily."

I laughed when I realized what I told her when we were slow dancing, and a tear slid down my cheek.

Gemma wiped it away and kissed my temple: "I'm gonna go. She needs you. Take good care of her, okay?"

"I will.", I whispered, my eyes going back at Celia.

Gemma left and I leaned my head against the wall, sighing.

"Mmh... mommy..."

I looked at her. She was sleep talking.

"... no... daddy... please..."

I sighed. Poor her. It made me feel so powerless.

I jumped in my seat when she let out a blood-curling scream.

"Shh... shh... shh...", I caressed her hair, and she sighed, taking deep breaths in her sleep. She whimpered, a tear escaping from under her closed eyelid.

I wiped it away, and caressed her soft satin face with my fingers.

"It's alright... I'm here."

I kissed her face and intertwined my hand with hers. I fell asleep in that position.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celia-Rose P.O.V

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

I opened my eyes. I looked at my surroundings. I was laying in a bed, at the hospital. The sound of the annoying monitor that proved I was still alive. What happened?

A nurse entered my room, to take off the catheters I realized I had in my arms.

"Hi?"

She looked at me: "Good morning, Celia."

"What happened?", I groaned, grabbing my head in pain.

"You got a serious shock, and you fainted. Your friend brought you here. He's on his way."

My friend? Oh... Harry.

"Oh... since how many time I'm here?"

"A day. You slept 20 hours."