Quentin Bishop

That girl was the one I wanted.

She was the most beautiful girl in all the school.

Her colorful kaleidoscope eyes, her choppy brown hair, her flawless tan skin.

Everything about her was perfect.

And she was about to become my girlfriend.

..==..

"Hey, Matt, how ya doing?" I asked my good friend, Matt Sloan, as I plopped down at our table, the rather dashing table now that I'm sitting there.

"Great, Quent. Hey, have you asked out that Piper girl yet?" He asked, nudging my elbow.

I shook my head. "I'm making my move after school, outside by that big acorn tree she always waits at for someone to pick her up."

Matt sighed. "I can't be your wing man this time. I have my own girl to catch." He waved over at Stacy, who smiled shyly and waved back.

"I know she'll say yes. She likes you."

He nodded. "I do too." After a small period of silence,  and each of us staring at the girls we had crushes on, Matt got up, leaving to go dump his pretty-much empty tray. I followed after him, sending Piper a wink as I passed her table. She gave me a lovey-dovey look. (Of disgust...)

"Meet me at the usual spot, babe." I whispered as a passed her table yet again.

I heard a sigh come from the table. I knew she would want to be my girlfriend!

..==..

"So, girl, do you want to go out?" I asked the beautiful Piper in my most manliest voice.

"No, thank you. I already have a boyfriend." She said in that musical voice of hers.

"He isn't here to stop us. Aren't you a rule-breaker?"

Piper glared at me with adoring eyes. "I am when it comes to anything but relationships."

A car horn almost blasted me off my feet. I glanced at the blue Corolla that was at the curb. The driver was a black-haired, green-eyed boy with a troublesome smirk. "Need some help, Piper?"

She gave me one last loving glare and slipped in the passenger seat. "Let's go." 

The car drove off.

..==..

The next day I saw my hot crush talking to none other but my buddy Matt. At least Matt scored his girl. I didn't, but I saw another chance.

"Hey, Piper."

"Hi," She wrinkled her nose at me cutely, "Quentin."

"Hey, Quent, Stacy and I are a thing now. Isn't that great?" Matt said, his arm around Stacy's waist.

I nodded, slightly angry at my wing man that was anywhere but at my side when I tried asking Piper out yesterday.

"So, Piper, have any plans tonight? There's a new Divergent movie out, and I was wondering if you would like to go see it with me." 

She gave me another one of her adoring glares. "I told you before that I have a boyfriend."

"Aren't you a rule-breaker?"

Piper huffed. "You asked me that yesterday, though I think you're too thick-skulled to remember my answer."

I shrugged. "You're missing out on a lot here, babe." I gestured to myself.

She gagged with lust. "I'm good, thanks." And with that, she turned and walked away. Matt whistled an annoying SpongeBob tune after Piper left. 

Stacy frowned at me. "Don't you know not to steal another man's girl?"

I crossed my arms. "She's single. She's just playing hard to get."

Stacy shook her head at me, but said nothing. Matt kissed her on the top of her head. "At least I got you, sniddlekins." He whispered in her ear.

"You know it, pumpkin." Stacy answered, responding to the kiss with another on Matt's cheek. Ug. Why does life have to hate me? 

"Hey, dude." A finger tapped on my shoulder. 

I whipped around, scowling. "What do you want?"

The guy who tapped me on my shoulder put his hands up in a surrender position. "I just was wondering if you were that Quentin guy that Piper told me was the one bugging her yesterday." His green eyes twinkled mischievously, but his shoulders sagged as if he had to carry the sky on his shoulders.

"Yeah. I'm Quentin. Are you her crappy boyfriend?"

The guy started laughing. "No way. I'm a good friend of hers. Percy Jackson. Nice to meet you." He then turned to Matt, who was gaping at Percy. "It's too late to call for a rematch game of dodgeball, is it?" Percy smirked.

"H-how---Y-y-you--sword--gym--giants---" Matt stuttered.

Percy shrugged. "All behind us." He patted Matt on the shoulder, and Matt turned around and ran back into the school. Stacy shrugged, gave Percy a seductive look, and ran after Matt.

I looked at Percy again. Well-toned muscles, lean swimmer's body, nice features... "Are you sure you're not Piper's boyfriend?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Seriously, dude? We both date blondes. She and I are nowhere near a couple."

"Percy! I'm glad you came!" Piper came running towards us and tackled Percy to the ground. They acted like siblings. Huh. Maybe they aren't a couple.

"Whoa, there, Beauty Queen. Why are you so excited to see me?" Percy got off the ground, helping her up.

"I want to get away from this place. My ADHD has been acting up all day."

Percy shrugged. "Okay." He flung an arm around Piper's shoulders. "See ya, Quentin." He saluted me, and I saluted towards his retreating back. 

He turned around again. "Oh, and don't even think about hitting on Piper again. She can beat your butt in so many different ways, and so can her boyfriend. So, just stay away." 

I was left standing there feeling rather confused and flabbergasted. 

..==..

And that was how I met Piper's strange friend, Percy.

(Reminder: I will do any O/C characters that you, my fellow Wattpadians, come up with. Or I could do minor character requests too. I am starting to run out of names and ideas. I would do my O/Cs from my original stories, but none of them are finished yet, and I don't want to give up spoilers.

Please, fellow readers and writers, please request. I will tag you somewhere in that part. Thank you for helping to spark my creativity. Again, please and thank you. ~ M.)