Part 12

In the abandoned house...

Night crawled in.... RD went to Sanyu's room...

"Here is the food." RD muttered.

Sanyu took the food and ate it silently. RD took the plate and went away.

Sanyu sat on the floor, cross legged, facing the window and was looking the star studded sky.

She felt as if those stars are the only well wishers she has at that time. They are shining bright in the sky, far away from her, as if they were looking at her and trying to wipe her tears with their twinkles... Rd came to Sanyu and sat beside her.

"Sanyukta... "RD crooned.

"Hmm... "She hummed absent minded.

"You look so lost "RD mumbled.

"RD, just look into the sky." She said, pointing her index finger towards the stars in the sky.

"You know, these stars are just like you." She lilted.

"Like me...?" RD asked with a perplexed expression.

"Yes, they soothe me with their twinkles but, they don't last forever. They just disappear with the dawn ... hmm ... same as you. "She mumbled.

RD was calm and was listening to her with a keen interest.

" Sometimes you act so good to me and I feel you as that one person who is so close to my heart and who comforts me but, you prove me wrong with another action of yours in a blink of time. I pity myself for all the time when, I believed in you and longed for you. I'm trying hard to register the fact that you absolutely don't have any emotions but, I'm failing every single time. "She mouthed her feelings in a tone of displeasure. A lonely tear escaped from her eyes by the end of her statement.

Sanyu wiped her tears and looked the other way, hiding her tears from RD. She turned back and couldn't find him.

"You left me again RD. I knew it. "She muttered into the air, taking a deep breath of gloom.

RD's pov...

I heard all her words. I felt like hugging her and assure her that I'm not like those shining stars which get vanished at every dawn. I want to tell her that, I'm like the air which surrounds her all the time. I was out of words, absolutely tongue tied at that moment. I left the room in silence. I knew that she would never believe me. I am a HAWK to her but, the fact was that this HAWK has a heart and it beats only for her.

Sanyu slept beside the window looking those stars, the only well wishers according to her...

RD came back to her. She was sleeping with messy hair and dull face. All her distress was clearly visible. Those frown lines on her forehead clearly describes the agony of her. She was a free bird lately ... she was a cheerful DOVE.

He caressed her ruffled hair. "Only 2 days my DOVE ... you will be free. " RD murmured and sat besides her, holding her fragile hand and slept looking her.

*****

Next morning... Sun rays are hitting the faces of Sanyu and RD... Sanyu woke up and saw RD resting his head on her shoulder ... All the previous night's encounter flashed in her mind.

Sanyu's pov...

I am clueless... "What is he up to? " when I try to go away from him, he makes me feel like my life is safe and secure with him ... when I share my feelings, he behaves like a Heartless creature ... " I hate him... I don't like him..." my mind raged. "No... No... I like him ... he was the first person, whose embrace gave me solace..." my heart mumbled. My heart and mind had a debate ... Finally my heart won ... I've decided to know about the mystery behind all his deeds...

Soon RD woke up and saw Sanyu starring him...

"Good morning ... "she faked a smile.

RD's pov...

She never fails to amaze me. I left her and went out ignoring her words, hurting her mentally for the umpteenth time ... I have been expecting hatred in her eyes but, she was calm and composed and even wished good morning ... Someone truly said "UNDERSTANDING A GIRL'S HEART IS MORE COMPLICATED THAN ROBOTICS AND ROCKET SCIENCE"

"Good morning ..." Sanyu faked a smile again at the kitchen while RD was trying to ignore her.

"I'll prepare the breakfast today ..." She muttered again.

"Stop it Sanyukta! Stop acting sweet to me. "He raged while she blinked innocently.

"I want you to know something ..." He mumbled while Sanyu went away ignoring his words.

******

Mean while in the police station...

"Good morning sir ..." Parth greeted.

"Good morning Mr. Parth ... Is the list ready?" Vardhan muttered.

"Yes sir ... There are 5 stores which sell the drug. Here is the list of customers" Parth replied, handing him the list.

"Interesting ... very interesting ... "Vardhan mumbled haughtily.

He studied the list and marked only 5 names.

" Sir only 5 suspects?" Parth questioned, cocking his brows.

"Yes Mr. Parth rest of them are from BLUE CROSS and other animal protecting agencies and Domestic animal care taking foundations ... so, only these 5 people are our interest now. " Vardhan mumbled, loading his pistol...

"Fine sir..." Parth muttered.

"Now let's move ... after all 'WE FOUND THE FIRST KEY TO SOLVE THIS MYSTERY' ... "Vardhan said with a proud smirk ...

Parth and Vardhan went to their first suspect.