Chapter Three | Everything's Alright

Start from the beginning

"Ludwig! What do you think you're doing!" I hear someone yell, turning around I see Feliciano running at my direction, "are you ok, ____?" He asked.

"W-Well, I can't breathe properly. It's might me because I'm unhealthy."

"Why are you making the little girl run?!"

"She read my diary, this is punishment." Ludwig replied "well, for her anyways."

"You shouldn't treat her like this! Come on ____, lets go back in."

"She hasn't finished her laps."

"Look at her! She can barely breathe!"

"and? A good soldier must always be on their feet! She can't even do one laps."

"Have you thought of other factors like her age difference?"

"Nein."

"Well, she's coming with me."

"So you can spoil her? She nothing but trouble."

'Ouch, that hurt.' I thought as I felt a stinging feeling in my chest.

"She may be fouled mouth but that doesn't mean you have to call her trouble."

'Fouled mouth huh? I guess I tend to swear a little.'

"Give me one good thing she's done..." Ludwig asked, one of his eyebrows in a arc like state.

'I've done... Nothing? I annoyed them on purpose but-- I don't understands kids, aren't they supposed to be happy forever?

Aren't they the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of happiness?.

Don't you see them making faces at adults and making stupid comebacks like poopy-face?' My eyebrows furrow as I thought about it.

"Ve~ she gave me hugs and kisses and-" I stopped Feliciano halfway.

"No, it's ok. You don't have to sugarcoat it."

"But!--" he tried.

"I'm sorry... Sir. I'll be on my way." I muttered, I saw him and Feliciano flinch at the word sir.

"Ve~ Wait!"

"No... If things are sugar-coated then how will I ever learn? The truth has already been smacked into my face." Feliciano approached me to hug me but I walked back into the house and into  the room I was locked in, closing it. I sat at the corner of the room staring into space as tears pricked the corners of my eyes.

The room seemed to darken for a moment as a memory unfolded in my head and played itself in my dark surroundings, I remember being taken somewhere when I was 4 where I would just shouted at, although there was no sound I could see his lips moving and his eyebrows furrowing downwards, I would just sit there and cry for hours until one day I stopped crying.

I stopped feeling.

I stopped caring.

I stopped everything.

Eating, dancing, hanging out with friends, smiling.

I stopped smiling.