final

A/n: okay so my bad I suck at updating and this fic took me 2 years to complete whoops but it's finally here, the last chapter. If anyone's still reading that is haha, hope you enjoy :) truly am sorry for making you wait this long

Karlie's POV:

I woke up with the sun shining through the open curtains, phone battery dead, and a pain in my neck. I looked around and realised I had fallen asleep whilst texting taylor. The events of the night before all came flooding back and I realised by the end of the day my whole life would be different. The police had said they were coming to take a statement and then arrest my father, something I had been dreaming of happening for years and years was finally happening! So why did I feel so scared?

I got dressed slowly, not even taking a second to look at my reflection, knowing when I opened that door hell would break loose. I checked my phone and saw 3 unopened messages.

Taybae: I'm surprised you're still awake haha

Taybae: or did I speak too soon?

Taybae: I think I did! Hope you're sleeping well my love

Reading those messages bought a smile to my face, I couldn't believe after everything, things were gonna work out. I felt like the luckiest girl alive. Taking a deep breath, I put my phone in my pocket and opened the door. Instantly I could hear the radio blasting terrible music, I went downstairs and found my father cooking himself breakfast. Not even acknowledging me standing there, he served himself a plate and sat down to eat it. I wasn't sure what to do with myself, when were the police gonna arrive?

I was standing there thinking to myself when he said 'oi you're making me uncomfortable, why you just standing there?' I looked at him, unsure of what to say. What could I say to the man who'd been beating me and abusing me mentally and physically? The man who was meant to protect me and show me love. Looking at him, his beer belly overflowing his trousers, the stubble and unclean look, I suddenly felt a huge overwhelming feeling of pity. A fragile insecure little man who had felt the need to take it out on me. Just as I was about to speak however, a loud knock at the door meant any thought I had been having was gone, and was instantly replaced with fear. Here it was, the time had come.

Taylor's POV:

I woke up with a phone imprint on the side of my cheek, I had been reading the messages Karlie had sent me late last night and must have fallen asleep. I lay there for a few minutes, going over the events of the night before. I couldn't believe my life had nearly gone down the drain. I had nearly thrown everything I worked so hard for away, and the funny thing is I would risk it all again. I knew legally it was wrong, but the feelings I had for Karlie, and vice versa proved to me this wasn't a stupid fling, this was real, true love. She made me feel happier than anyone could ever, then anyone ever has. I stretched again and got up, knowing I had several things to do. I texted Karlie a quick good luck as I knew the police were visiting and got dressed.
On my way to the school, I noticed my phone had been going off a lot, but as I was driving I couldn't check. As I pulled up outside the school, the headteacher greeted me from my car and walked me in. We walked into her office and I sat down, not sure what to expect but knowing what I wanted.

'Thank you for coming in Taylor, as you probably know, we need to discuss your future here and once again, my deepest apologies."

I smiled at her, not wanting to create any extra tension.

"At the end of the day, I completely understand as our first priority is the safety of our students. You were only doing what was right. In terms of my future at the school, I think given what's happened, it's best I move on elsewhere. Do you know of any teaching positions nearby?"

She smiled widely as I was speaking, "perfect, that's exactly what I was thinking. I don't want any bad blood between us but like you said, given what's happened it's best you move on and I think I have the perfect opportunity. A spot just opened up in the university in the town next to us, and it's a higher paying position, I can write your recommendation today!"

I couldn't believe how well things were working out, grinning at her I said, " that sounds perfect, can you email it to me please?"
She agreed, wished me all the best and I walked out and back to my car, almost in shock at how well things had gone. The next town across was perfect too as it meant me and Karlie could start fresh. No problems. That reminded me, it was probably kaylor texting! I checked my phone and saw 24 new messages from her, wtf?

Karlie: the police just got here I'm going panicking
Karlie: omg
Karlie: I don't know what's happening
Karlie: they're taking both me and my dad to the station
Karlie: Hes denying everything
Karlie: I want to cry
Karlie: where are you???
Karlie: they just let me out of questioning, I feel like I know this stupid police station like the back of my hand
Karlie: taylorrrrr
Karlie: I'm gonna head home, it feels so weird I'm not sure what's happening with my dad but he's still at the station
Karlie: a police officer just spoke to me as I was about to leave, they're charging him!!
Karlie: taylorrrrrrrr
Karlie: taylooorrrrrrrrr

Smiling, I put my phone back in my bag knowing the rest of the messages would follow suit. I was so happy it had gone well for karlie too, getting in my car I was bursting with excitement to see her.

The drive went by fast and I couldn't contain my excitement as I pulled up outside her driveway. Slamming the car door shut I ran up and knocked on her door loudly. 10 seconds passed, then 20, then 30. Just as a minute had gone by and I was starting to panic, the door opened and revealed Karlie on the other side beaming with joy.

'Sorry I was just trying to clear up a few things haha'

I smiled at her, she was so cute I couldn't believe how well things had worked out.

'You don't need to clear up things for me silly, anyways soon we'll be out of here'

We closed the door behind us and finally, after the eventful whirlwind last few days we were alone, in the peace and quiet. It was bliss. Karlie smiled at me again, her eyes flicking down towards my lips quickly before gently leaning in and brushing her lips against mine. The second our lips touched it was like sparks flew and I leaned heavily into her wanting to be as close to her as possible.

After about ten minutes we stopped and went to the kitchen to sit down. I began making a coffee for the both of us and we sat down to discuss the future.

Karlie's POV:

I watched Taylor as she bustled around the room preparing the things for the coffee, everything she did was cute and bought a smile to my face, fuck I'm whipped I realised as she turned around to face me. Grinning up at me, Taylor said a sentence which id been dying to hear for a long time.
'We're free Karlie, finally free. I know your dad was abusive but he won't ever hurt you again. Whilst you have me in your life I promise to always protect you and love you, I never thought this would happen but having you here in my arms makes everything over the last few weeks worth it'
I could feel the tears working their way up as she spoke, fighting to keep them down I pulled her in for a hug. Who knew what the future had in store for us, but I knew as we were standing there body's intertwined as if we never wanted to let go, everything would be okay. I had Taylor, and Taylor had me.