Detention

Taylor's POV:

"And the homework is due next Friday" I yelled to my class as they left. I checked my watch and realised I was late for lunch duty. As I was new I had to stay in the canteen and make sure things were in order. At least I had a little helper now. I smiled to myself. God, she must really hate me. Oh well, not everyone would love me. I made my way to the canteen to find Karlie waiting, a grumpy expression on her face. "Hello, looking forward to helping me?" I said a bright smile on my face. "You're late" Karlie replied with a scowl. I shrugged and stood there in silence. Lunch duty was very boring as you had to stand there and look over all the children. It had been about 10 minutes when there was a massive crash and I looked over to see a girl had knocked over about 20 dishes. The whole canteen clapped at her and I walked over sighing. She stood there covered in food and surrounded by bits of broken china. "What's your name?" She looked up and replied with a smirk. "Cara" I frowned. Why was she smirking at me? Confused I asked her to clean it up and I made my way back to my spot. I got there and realised Karlie wasn't there. "Urgh!" I groaned in frustration. Right, next English lesson was going to be hell.

Karlie's POV:

I had been waiting for 5 minutes before I spotted her stupid blonde head. She was late. She strode up to me a smile on her face. I didn't like her at all. Why was she always so happy? 10 minutes passed and still nothing. Then finally a giant crash caused by my best friend Cara got her attention. She walked away her dress floating as she was nearly running. Wow, she had really nice legs. I pushed that thought away and I left making a note to thank Cara later. I walked along the corridor thinking. Why was she such a bitch? She was sure as hell going to make my life a hell. I shouldn't have left but I hate that small enclosed space with loads of screaming teenagers. I get really claustrophobic sometimes. I sighed kicking a can of coke as I went. I walked outside the building, into the playground and then through the gates. I didn't have any time for school. I needed to get home. Hopefully my dad wouldn't be there. He always got so angry with me for no reason.

I opened the door cautiously. "Dad?" When no reply came I walked in and flung my bag on the sofa. Humming to myself I made myself some drink when I felt a breath on the back of my neck. I turned around slowly. It was dad. I looked up and as he breathed out heavily I caught the smell of beer. "Have you been drinking?" I asked. "So what if I have?" he slurred at me. He always got drunk since mum left. I sighed and tried to back away. He slowly advanced towards me. "Why are you at home?" he asked, a menacing tone creeping into his voice. "I, ummmm, I was sick" I quickly lied. He didn't seem to believe me and picked up my hand clenching my wrist. "Sick?" I nodded quickly. He narrowed his eyes. "I don't believe you" He took another step forward and punched me in my side. I let out a gasp as he winded me. "What the hell dad?! That was so uncalled for" I winced in pain as he grunted and went to lie down on the sofa. I looked at him with disgust. He had passed out. I hated him so much. All he did was drink and spend all the money we had on alcohol and gambling. I went to my room and sat down thinking. I had to find a way to make money and save up enough to leave him and this town. I put my headphones in and tried to relax.

A/n: Hope you enjoyed. please leave some comments and vote! :))