Chapter 9

((REALLY long chapter ahead guys sorry))

(Hiroto's POV)
We've been walking around for who knows how long ever since those knights just dumped us in a pit a little while ago, there was only 3 of us as well; Matsuno, Fubuki and me. God I just hope everyone is okay, I have no idea where they are, I'm worried about Midi- what if he's hurt or worse?....I'm worried about my other friends too though, this place isn't normal-we've walked around for what seems like hours but the time on my watch has barely changed, we can't even use our phones they've all gone dead suddenly, and to top it all of we've barely moved-if we've really been walking around for this long wouldn't we have stumbled along someone or something by now, every room seems exactly the same.

We stopped to gather our thoughts and think of a plan. I looked around the room we were currently in, it looked like a ballroom of some sort, I looked up at the ceiling but it was just full of a dark mist or something like that-I shuddered and looked away. "Hey Hiroto, do you hear that?" Fubuki asked and I looked at him, suddenly I heard it too; a weird sort of flapping sound, getting louder and louder.  "What the hell is-"

"Ah!" I yelled as I was suddenly picked up before being slammed against a wall, I looked up painfully and gasped in disbelief-a demon, a real demon. I was paralysed with fear, I couldn't do anything as I was just pinned to the wall. The demon smirked at me before opening his mouth and bringing his fangs down upon my neck. I screamed in pain but was soon taken over by a different sensation; it felt like every muscle in my body was switching off, turning to jelly, I slumped to the floor in a heap. "W-what did you?" I uttered, trying to prop myself up but it was no good. "Yeesh, calm down, I didn't do anything alright, I just immobilised you for a little while."

I looked over to Fubuki and Matsuno who were pale and trembling, the demon guy looked at them too "Hey you two, get over here, I wanna keep my eyes on you." He said and they glanced at each other before complying, nervously sitting down next to me-that was probably a good call, this guy seemed dangerous. "Well now that I've got everyone's attention, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Azana, my friends sometimes call me Zana but-" "Oh cut the crap will you, why are you really here?" I interrupted, I didn't have time for games. The blonde demon just smirked at me "Hmm, well if you're that eager to know, I'm going to kill one of you, so any volunteers?" He said with a smile, I was genuinely terrified, Fubuki shook with fear 'kill one of us!' The demon stifled a small laugh "Nah I was only joking, I already know who I'm going to kill. Isn't that right-" he looked me straight in the eyes "-Hiroto?"

I couldn't move, I couldn't defend myself, couldn't do anything, he would kill me.

Azana or whatever his name was, scratched the back of his neck "Apologies, but I'm doing this for Aylin..." I looked up at him in confusion "A-Aylin?" Azana looked between the three of us before sighing "Oh that's right, you don't know who I'm talking about right? What was it again, oh yeah! Midorikawa." My chest burnt with a sudden anger "Midi?! What did you do to him?!" Azana giggled at me "That's no concern to you. My top priority now is to just get rid of you Hiroto!" He said before looking at Fubuki and Max "You guys can leave you know, I have no use for you, besides...this might get quite messy, I wouldn't want you to see that."

My eyes widened, darting to my two companions "Sure okay." Fubuki stated before standing up and dusting his clothes off "F-Fubuki!" I couldn't believe it "Sorry Hiroto, but I've got to go and find my friends, they might be in trouble." He said and Azana smiled. I was about to say something when Fubuki gave me a small wink, he was planning something. I piped down and watched him walk towards the double doors at the back end of the ball room, that was now enveloped in the same misty smoke I'd seen on the ceiling; I heard the door open and close.

"Ha, so much for friends eh? Huh, you're still staying?" He asked, pointing to Matsuno who nodded defiantly "Fine then, on your head be it." I gulped as Azana leaned over me, he gave me a demonic smile as he spoke "Aylin will be all mine after I'm done with you, I'll turn him into a demon and that way we can be together forever and ever! God I never knew our little Aylin was such a good kisser, hmm I wonder what else he's good at!" I saw red. "You bastard! How dare you talk about him like that you filthy creep, I swear if you did anything to him, I'll, I'll fucking kill you!" I yelled and tried to punch him. I couldn't get close enough to him in my half-paralysed state and ended up just punching the air.