Chapter 9

That night Alexis and Chris slept in the same bed together again for the first time in twelve years. Almost losing Chris had scared Alexis out of her mind, and Chris wasn't feeling very safe either. They were both laying with their backs facing each other.

"Hey Alexis...?" Chris whispered. Even if she wasn't awake, Chris knew not to be that loud, she had super hearing after all.

"Yeah Chris?"

"You awake?" Chris asked. He heard her snort.

"No, I'm talking in my sleep." Alexis said sarcastically. Chris laughed. They both turned around at the same time. Chris looked down at his hands before talking again.

"Thanks for saving me today Lexi." Chris said softly.

"Anytime Chris, we're a team, I can't function without my Humanity." Alexis smiled as she ruffled his hair. It was an inside joke, she was the animalistic side of them and he was her Humanity, their human side. He smiled warmly at her and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm serious though Alexis, thanks for finding me." Chris said into Alexis's thick hair. Alexis pulled back and kissed his forhead.

"Seriously, anytime Chris. I love you." Alexis smiled.

"I love you too, Lexi." Chris said softly. They were both quiet for a moment.

"How do you think dad's handling the news we gave him?" Alexis asked. Chris snorted.

"Not good. Did you see how he stumbled up the stairs?" Chris said with a laugh. Alexis laughed too.

"Speaking of stairs... do you remember the time we thought it was a good idea to mattress surf down the stairs?" Alexis asked while trying to laugh quietly so they wouldn't wake their dad. Chris started giggling.

"Yeah, and you broke your arm and got a scratch, then we freaked out when they healed. I thought you were being possessed by a demon or something and ran away from you, and you were crying and trying to chase after me and get me to stop." Chris laughed harder after his explanation.

"Yeah, and dad came in and was asking what happened and uncle Stiles was just sitting on the couch laughing." Alexis smiled. "Dad was so pissed." They spent the rest of the night recounting small details from their childhood.

Scott laid in his bed upstairs, listening to his children. He stared at the ceiling and let a couple tears fall as he thought about Allison.

"I love you Allison." He whispered. He completely missed the figure standing next to his bed.

"I love you too, Scott."