Sex talk

For stydia-fanfiction on tumblr, for the prompt: "Stiles and Lydia give their teenage child/children the super awkward, oh-my-gosh-that-is-too-much-information-please-stop sex talk. Hahaha"

Summary: Stiles and Lydia give their daughter the sex talk before she goes on her first date.

A/N - This got fluffier than I thought.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stiles is the one insisting on it because of course he is. His daughter is sitting on the couch opposite his, where he's sitting beside Lydia. It's hard to say who's more embarrassed about the situation.

It might just be Mackenzie, curled up into a ball and hiding away from her parents, strawberry blonde hair splashed around her back and front like a shield. She groans loudly but Stiles doesn't let her have it. They're having this conversation.

They have had it before. First when she was six years old and was firstly introduced to it - it had been such a technical conversation for such a young child, but she's Lydia's daughter after all -, and then again after she learned more about it in school, when she'd come home and ask questions out of curiosity, something that kept happening here and there through the years. Those were the good times.

Right now? Stiles is dreading his watch's pointer as it nears four o'clock, when Alex will come knocking on their door to pick up his daughter for their first date. That's not going to happen. Stiles can stop this. He can!

"You know, the more you try to delay this conversation, the longer it's gonna take for you to get out of it, Kenz," Stiles mutters, really satisfied with the way this is going because he's positive that his 14 year old daughter is so not ready to start dating yet.

The girl wipes the smile off his face quickly because she is her mother and father's daughter after all, and Stiles has never been more terrified when she puts on her thinking face right then and there. Really, what the hell where he and Lydia thinking when they decided it was a good idea to procreate? They should have foreseen this.

Mackenzie runs her fingers through her curly red hair and fixes her white dress, adjusting on her seat until she's the portrait of a well-behaved child. Stiles swallows thickly. "You're right, dad. Let's get this over with."

Okay, this is not what he wanted. Before Stiles is able to open his mouth and reply, Lydia stops him, placing a hand on his forearm. "Honey, you know this is important, right?" she asks, looking at her daughter. "This isn't the same conversation we've had before."

The girl sighs. "I know. But it doesn't make it any less awkward," she replies bluntly. Her parents nod in understanding because this is not particularly pleasant for any of them. "Dad is gonna embarrass me, isn't he?"

Stiles narrows his eyes at his daughter in disbelief, mouth hanging open for effect. Like he'd ever do that. Right. "Probably," Lydia replies fondly, running her hand through his hair in comfort. Neither of them is really willing to let their daughter grow up so soon but alas they have to. Besides, the girl is already seeing right through him and she doesn't even know that Stiles has a banana and condoms ready in the kitchen. Poor girl.

"Kenz, we're trying to help you make wise choices," he mutters. "We know you're smart and that you know how things are done in theory... In theory, right?"

The girl groans again in exasperation, blushing despite herself. "Yes, dad! In theory. I'm a virgin," she says, red painting her cheeks instantly.

"And you'll always be?" he asks playfully, trying to put her at ease.