Chapter 11

Standing eagerly outside your chamber, you wait patiently for Tauriel to stop by and take you shopping. For tonight is the big day. Tonight will be a night to remember. Tonight is the celebratory party! With small steps, you sway from side to side, searching for any natural rhythm you may have buried inside you; in preparation for tonight. Alas, you cannot be great at everything. Everyone has their weak points and unfortunately, you dance like you have two left feet. As you begin to hear the light patter of footsteps in the distance, you stop trying to dance and wait to see who it is. Right on cue, Tauriel ambles around the corner and greets you. But the look in her eyes tells you that she doesn't want to be here. She would prefer to be alone, but an order from the King is an order she must follow. Reluctantly, she guides you out of the palace and into the bustling roads of Mirkwood.

From shop to shop, you hunt for your dream party dress. A dress which will lure the King's heart to your own. For you are already sure that he is the one. This is yet another case of love at first sight. Although you are weary of the fact that the king has already found true love before, you are not going to give up on your desires easily. "What about this dress?" Tauriel interrupts your thoughts, gazing upon your face for any signs of satisfaction. Inspecting the dress, you make your decision. "That's the one." Is all you say, with a beaming smile you carefully take it off her so you can try it on. Before you try it on however, you quickly ask "Have you seen a dress you would like to wear tonight Tauriel?" To which she replies gloomily "If I am open with you (y/n), I do not desire to attend. I hope you understand." Remembering what Thranduil told you yesterday, you reply almost instantly, sounding as if you have been let down, "Please attend the ball with me Tauriel, I barely know anyone else and it may take your mind off these recent events." "I apologise (y/n) but I cannot attend." Is all she can say as you go behind a curtain. Little does she know that you haven't given up with persuading her.

As you are trying on this magnificent gown, you faintly hear the pitter-patter of mizzle start to bounce off the shop's roof. Once you have put on the dazzling dress, you walk out of the small changing room, like a model on a rustic walkway, you strut towards Tauriel in an attempt to make her giggle. "You look beautiful." Is all she can say; she didn't even laugh at your crazy, eccentric walk. As Tauriel looks to the floor for a way to mask her sorrow, you reply "Thank you friend." Although you have only known her for a day, you want to become close to her, not only because you need to persuade her to go to the ball, but because you have left all your friends in Lake-Town. As soon as you say the word friend, she glances up at your face, searching for any signs of sarcasm, but she finds none. Your words are meaningful.

Suddenly, Tauriel makes a dash for the shop door, in an attempt to flee from your sight. Yet before she can even get to the door, you grab her wrist, not in a harsh manner which would hurt her, but in a way that would make her hesitate momentarily. As she turns around, you let go of her wrist and start to gaze into her eyes. Tears are forming and falling repeatedly, with little attempt to hold them back. Instinctively, you hug her, like a nurturing mother to all the woodland creatures, great or small. Without saying a word, you continue to comfort her, hoping that you could ease her pain, along with your own. At the moment, both Tauriel and yourself are grieving, but you both have two completely different ways of dealing with it. Whilst Tauriel constantly thinks about it, you on the other hand ignore the horrible memories the best you can. And you succeed in doing this in the day. At night time however... Not so much. Every time you put your head to your pillows, you are awoken by nightmares. Memories of your comrades, friends, even family falling at the hands of rotten orcs.

Pulling away from your comforting hug, Tauriel tells you "I apologise for my sudden outburst (y/n). I... I am struggling to cope." "You do not need to apologise or explain." You reply with a soothing voice, "And I understand why you may not want to attend the party tonight, but please consider it, for it may help take your mind off the recent past." After a pause, Tauriel says "Okay". But what is she saying okay to? Is she just considering the offer or is she going to the feast?

When you have finished your eventful shopping trip, both Tauriel and yourself return to the palace. Once inside, you are greeted by a spectacular sight. Butlers and maids are flying around the palace, like bees in a hive they prepare the grand hall for an unforgettable feast. As you walk through the decorate corridors back to your chamber, you notice how the palace doesn't just look different, it feels different too. It's as if the building itself is alive. Once you have arrived at your room, you thank Tauriel and bid her farewell.

Time skip to about 10 minutes before the party starts

Whilst you are fixing your hair in place, you hear a sudden knock at the door. Rising from your comfy crimson and copper bed like an excited child at Christmas, you skip to the door and answer it. But who will it be, you wonder... Will it be Tauriel, or one of the palace maids?

With a beaming smile consuming your face, you greet...

"Tauriel!"  

Hi everyone- sorry for the wait again but I hope you enjoy it. And I promise that the party will start in the next chapter! I've made a slight alteration to my plan on what will be happening at the party- but don't worry, alcohol is still on the list hehe. 

Have a fun week! ^-^