Chapter 7

"(y/n) is not going anywhere with you! We need her here, in Lake-town. Without her, we would most certainly suffer." Bard shouts angrily as he walks into the tent, but when his eyes fix on your grief stricken face, he is full of concern and speaks quieter than before. "We really need you here (y/n), in Lake-town. You are the only one who is able to heal the wounded. Yes, we may bandage wounds and help the injured, but you can heal anything with elven magic." "The injured people you speak of can always be helped by other healers of Mirkwood. I could send for them to help your people. This would give (y/n) the chance to recover not only her health, but also her previous life in Mirkwood." As they debate amongst each other, you get the impression that they are both fighting over you. Despite this, you stay silent and continue listening to Bard's desperate pleas: "also, she is the best fighter that we have. Without her, the town's defences will weaken!" The more Bard says, the more he is making you feel guilty. Until Thranduil states: "Then why did you command her to not fight? Surely, it would be common sense to send out Lake-town's best soldiers for a war this significant. If (y/n) is Lake-town's best warrior, why were you angered when you realised she fought in the battle, to protect your people?" You really want him to answer this but once again, he refuses to answer and continues to throw remarks at the King.

With every protest from Bard, the king is hot on his heels with a counter argument. You listen to them both arguing for quite a while until you finally decide that you have had enough of their bickering. Although you rather like the idea of how they are fighting over you, it would be a lot nicer if they did not keep mentioning the battle which you are so desperately trying to forget.

"I implore you both, stop arguing about me please!" You say more feebly than imagined. "My lord, thank you for such a generous offer, I wish to give you my answer tomorrow as I need time to come to a decision. Bard, you have my gratitude for your kind words. However, please do not consider Lake-town to be useless without me. There are many skilled people of Lake-town who are not getting enough recognition presently and that is rather unfair. Now, if you would both excuse me, I am in need of some fresh air." Although air is far from what you need, you wish to escape the currently testosterone-filled tent. What you really need is time. As much time as possible to weight the positives and negatives of leaving Lake-town and continuing your life in Mirkwood. As you are striding away from this fiery dispute however, you manage to make it to the entrance of the tent before Bard stops you in your tracks, querying: "Surely you would not leave your mother behind, would you? Isn't she the only family you have left?" Without turning around, you reply in a sombre tone: "My mother died today. I have no family left." leaving Bard and the king in a state of pity.

Once outside, you continue to cry as quietly as possible, muffling any sounds that escape your lips. The wind sweeps you away from the storm inside and into a world of your own. After a few minutes of being outdoors, the soothing whistles and whispers of the wind help you unwind. Helping you ignore their almost thunderous dispute.

Narrator:

"I can see you know nothing of feelings, Bard. The way you are acting is selfish. You really think that I would try to steal her, away from you, for my benefit? You are completely mistaken. I am aware she is an elf originally from my kingdom. Thus, it is a part of my piety as a king to be concerned for the welfare of my kin." Irritated by lord Thranduil's words, Bard replies: "do not accuse me of such things, and really? Surely you must be attracted to her. Otherwise, you would not have endeavoured to have cared over her well-being as much as you have. Currently, she could be in a tent with other injured elves... Yet, she is resting here, with you." Dismissing Bard's point, the king tells Bard to leave for the second time tonight and this time, he watches him leave, just to make sure he has actually gone.

You:

The sky at night comforts you, helping to distract you, until you spot a grumpy-looking figure, almost stomping away from the tent. It was Bard. Moments later, you catch a glimpse from out of the corner of your eye of the king, sauntering over to you in his graceful, yet enticing way. You look over to your left to acknowledge him and bow slightly, hoping that he will spark a conversation, now that you have managed to calm down. Unfortunately, he seems to be in no mood for such pleasantries, since his feud with Bard; all he announces is that since Bard has left, he thinks it would be wise for you to regain your energy and sleep, wishing you goodnight as he goes back inside the tent. Taking heed to his words, you follow him into the tent and lie down, shutting your eyes in an attempt to enter the land of sweet dreams.

To be continued...

Have a nice day/night! ^-^