Chapter 12

Uploaded 31st December 2015: Part One of the awaited party.

(N/O/C) = Name of choice which isn't your own e.g. I used Loki ehehe- this will make sense shortly.

"Does this dress look appropriate?" Tauriel asks you, staring doubtfully at herself in the mirror. "Appropriate? It is breath-taking! Although, you could wear a vegetable sac and still look beautiful." You reply honestly whilst you undo your plaits to reveal long wavy locks. "Thank you for the complement (y/n), but you misunderstood. What I mean is... Is this too much?" Realising what your new friend is suggesting, you quickly reply "No- not at all, according to murmurs I have overheard, this ball will be as extravagant as it can possibly be and more." After hearing your words of reassurance, Tauriel turns arounds neatly to face you. Yet as soon she's sees you, her whole being changes, with her eyes wide and mouth agape, she is about to speak but then stops herself suddenly, as if she is being silenced by shock. Confused out of your mind, you ask worriedly "Is everything okay?... It is my hair is it not? I knew I should have left it plaited-" "Oh I apologise (y/n), no- your hair is really nice." Not convinced, you enquire "Are you sure it is okay? Your facial expression tells me otherwise-" "Yes I am positive; my shocked reaction was due to... An old memory. With your (hair colour) hair falling slightly over the sides of your face, without any plaits, your face looks ever so similar to an elleth's I once knew... Moving on, we have a ball to attend!" Nevertheless, there is now a ball of curiosity lingering in your mind, so you ask "And who is this elleth that I remind you of so much?" Obviously trying to avoid answering your question, Tauriel gives you a rather vague answer. "An acquaintance" is all Tauriel says as she makes her way out of your room. Following closely behind, you both proceed towards the grand hall. With every step you make, the more anticipation fills your arteries. This is most certainly a new type of adrenaline which you are not used to, but you love it just as much.

Finally, the moment you have been waiting for since your travels to Mirkwood. The moment the party starts. The moment when you arrive in the great Mirkwood hall; to join this 'formal' celebration and make new friends in the old forest kingdom. The place which was once your home has changed so much. But have the parties? You didn't have the chance to go to many before you left for Lake-town. But now is your first chance to find out!

At our arrival, two guards open the doors to the biggest of the Woodland Realm's halls. Taken aback by how aesthetically pleasant the hall is, you manage to slowly say thank you as you go through the doors. It is as if you have stumbled across a rabbit hall and fallen dreamily into a beautiful, magically-crafted burrow, filled with many extravagancies which you could unimaginably desire. Peeling your star-struck eyes off the interior decorations, you start to observe the crowds of ellons and elleths. Dressed in magnificent gowns in which they wear with ease. Their hair sits and sways effortlessly. Even their walk, from one group of friends to another, is indescribably graceful. Then, out of the corner of your eye, you spot King Thranduil at the grand table, centred directly in the middle of all the elegantly designed and decorated tables and with a perfect view of the Woodland Realm's stage and ballroom floor. Certainly suitable for the royal guests of Mirkwood, definitely fit for a King. As you gaze upon the room, you become lost in your thoughts about Thranduil. It was only a few days ago when he was making remarks on your beauty, kissing your forehead. But now, as you watch him socialise with other important looking elves, you begin to feel a sense of disappointment. Does he really have any feelings towards you? Or was he just flirting?

Bringing you back from your daydreaming state, Tauriel grabs your attention "I can see some of my old friends over there, would you like me to introduce you to them?" "Yes please!" You reply eagerly, not wanting your inquisitive thoughts to distract you from your latest mission of making new friends.