Happily Ever After/Epilogue

Start from the beginning

He patted my back and escorted me to the alter. Everything was set up like Emily wanted. Two ice sculptures, flowers on every row, live music and her favorite singer, Marsha Ambrosius.
I took deep breaths and watched how everyone began to walk in. Now, its been a whole year since we met now I'm marrying her. Some people think I might have moved too fast but I think its perfect timing. It was almost time and I saw everyone getting in position. It's now or never!

Emily's POV

The music was playing and everyone began walking, starting with bridesmaids and groomsman. Then, I heard that wonderful singing and I knew it was time. I grabbed Mr. Howard arm and began to walk. I looked up and saw Jeremiah standing there, with tears in his eyes. OMG, my baby is crying. I smiled slightly at him and he did the same. When I reached him, he took my hand so I was face to face with him. I stared at him as I felt the tears begging to come out. I was about to marry Jeremiah Howard! The Jeremiah Howard! I smiled to myself as I saw everyone took their seats.

" Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God - and in the face of this company - to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore - is not by any - to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly - but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

Never in my life would I have ever heard them words but its happening. Its like the fairytale I have dreamed of since I was a little girl except for me getting raped, being a stripper, or even fucking a white guy. But I wouldn't change none of it, it had to happen for a reason because my two wonderful kids wouldn't be here if I didn't.

"
Do you Jeremiah Howard take Emily King to be your wife - to live together after God's ordinance - in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon her your heart's deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her as long as you both shall live?"

I looked at him...scared of his answer. What if doesn't wanna marry me? What if all this was a joke or something?

"I will."

Thank God he said it. I was going beat the living shit out of him if he said any other answer.

" Do you Emily King take Jeremiah Howard to be your husband - to live together after God's ordinance - in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon him your heart's deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?"

I stared into the crowd as I looked at my best friend telling me to continue. Then, I looked at Jeremiah, I could tell he was thinking about what my answer might be.

"I will."

My heart damn near dropped when I said it. I felt like I actually did something right in my life.

"May these ring(s) be blessed as the symbol of this affectionate unity. These two lives are now joined in one unbroken circle. Wherever they go - may they always return to one another. May these two find in each other the love for which all men and women year. May they grow in understanding and in compassion. May the home which they establish together be such a place that many will find there a friend. May this/these ring(s) on her/their finger(s) symbolize the touch of the spirit of love in their hearts."

The minister gave Jeremiah his ring and mines to me. I looked at the design of it and Jeremiah really does know my taste in jewelry, maybe a little more expensive but he knows it.

" Jeremiah , in placing this ring on Emily's finger, repeat after me: Emily, you are now consecrated to me as my wife from this day forward and I give you this ring as the pledge of my love and as the symbol of our unity and with this ring, I thee wed."

When he places the ring on my finger, I damn near fainted. He kissed my hand and put it on his chest. I think his heart was beating faster than me. I laughed on the inside and did the same to him.

In as much as Jeremiah Howard and Emily King have consented together in marriage before this company of friends and family and have pledged their faith - and declared their unity by giving and receiving a ring - are now joined.

You have pronounced yourselves husband and wife but remember to always be each other's best friend.

What - therefore - God has joined together - let no man put asunder.

And so, by the power vested in me by the State of California and Almighty God, I now pronounce you man and wife - and may your days be good and long upon the earth.

You may now kiss the bride.

Those final words made me jump inside. He had pulled me in and shared the best kiss me and him have ever shared.

" Mr and Mrs. Howard everyone."

Everyone began to applause and I couldn't do anything but cry. This is what my dad meant. Even if wasn't here, he wanted me to be happy with someone who makes me happy, treats me with respect, and doesn't lie to me. Well, I guess that's my story. I ended with my husband, the love of my life and two wonderful kids.