Happily Ever After/Epilogue

It's been a year since the incident with Eric, and I couldn't be happier. Emmanuel and Jazmine turned the big one last month and I couldn't help but smile at how big they have gotten.

"Emily, are you ready?" "I guess I am. I never thought I would see this day." "I know, you finally marrying that fine ass white boy of yours." "Oh my God, shut up." "But I'm serious, Emily. I know your dad would love to see this." "Thanks Carlie. But you need to get ready too." "Not yet. You have to look good today. It is your big day." "Well, if that's the case, make me look priceless." "Sure thing."

I looked at myself in the mirror and saw my beautiful wedding dress. Just every part of it was fitting my body perfectly. I began to cry softly as I never thought I would be here. I'm getting married!!!! I heard them say they were ready and I thought to myself.

"It's now or never, Emily." "I know. Let's do this."

Jeremiah's POV

I nervously paced around the room and was thinking if I was going fuck up today. What if I mess up the vowels? What if I say no? What if I can't speak at all? I tried to calm myself down but it wasn't working.

"Son, calm down." "How can I? This is fucking terrifying!" "How?" "I'm about to spend the rest of my life with one woman. What if she doesn't wanna marry me? What if she found someone else?" "Really? Emily loves you more than anybody, maybe even more than your mom. Now, I was the same way when we were getting married. I still remember the day, I was more nervous than her. And I was the one crying the most. All I'm saying is Emily is the one. I promise you that." "Really?" "Yes. You two been together this long and she hasn't said anything about leaving, has she?" "No, only moving." "Well, all I'm saying is take deep breaths and relax." "Okay. Deep breaths. I can do this."