Chapter 25 |Part 2|: Byegone

Start from the beginning

Simply put, Trent's in.

Smiling, Parker shrugged. "Sure."

Trent's face broke into a shit-eating grin.

"Wow! You guys mean that?" he breathed out.

"Hell yeah, man," I assured him. "In fact, you can go start now."

Parker did a double take. "Now?"

"Yup," I nodded. "Go introduce him to the guys."

"Awesome," muttered Trent.

"Alright," sighed Parker, scratching the back of his head. "Come on."

I watched them go over to the other side of the parking lot. The kid looked like he was about to shit his pants. He knew as well as the others that he was in. Now it was his turn to prove himself. I got a feeling he wouldn't put this chance to waste.

I glanced at Connie. She was shaking her head at me, in a mixture of amusement and disbelief. That made me smirk. Heh. She saw right through me.

Well, she couldn't expect me to just sit by and watch them eye fucking each other in front of me. It was fucking gross. Okay, maybe I was also a little protective but I couldn't help it. Imagine if Alfie saw that. He'd call them out right then and there.

She should be thankful. My way was more discreet.

"You said noon."

Alfie turned around and raised an eyebrow at the girl who spoke.

"Your point is?" he asked sarcastically.

"Why aren't we leaving yet?" demanded Gina, Kurt's on-and-off fuck buddy - which was pretty much the closest he would ever get to a relationship.

I sent Kurt a bored look, causing him to raise his hands up innocently.

"Hey, I baked the happy brownies that y'all are gonna eat tonight."

Right, which gave him a get out of jail free card.

"Look," sighed Alfie, pretty close to losing his shit, "you can go ahead to Cali's Point if you want. We ain't stopping you."

"You know we can't just do that," grumbled Gina, as she crossed her arms.

Cali's Point was a small coastal town two hours away from Mount Valley. People from out here like to settle down there because it wasn't too crowded and touristy. It was private, which was why outsiders weren't welcomed much unless you were with a local - or at least someone who owned a property there. In this case, it was the latter.

Alfie and his mom owned a house right by the beach. They used to come there when he was a kid. Some sorta escape from his dad, I guess.

"Not my problem," shrugged my best friend.

Gina opened his mouth to speak, but I stopped her.

"Stop fucking complaining, or I'll make Kurt drag your ass home," I warned, in a low voice. I stared her down. "Your choice."

That shut her up.

"What are they doing here?" hissed Connie, glaring at a distance.

I followed where she was looking and saw Scout's white car. With the windows pulled down, it wasn't that hard to see that Snow was with him.

What the hell?

"I invited them."

I turned to my best friend, studying him and trying to figure out his motive. He had his infamous wicked grin on his face, while Connie stared at him in disbelief. Kurt's mouth hung open and Frisco kept his eyes on the twins.