Seventeen: "Thank you Harry."

"I had to calm you down", he says.

"That doesn't mean you can kiss me!", I shout.

"Like we haven't before. You liked it. I'm the Quarterback, no one can resist me", he smirks cockily.

"You're such a dick."

Niall pushes me up against his car.

"I need to talk to you because of what happened at the party and what happened as you slept in my house, after the concert. Will you talk to me while I drive you home?", he asks.

"Maybe, maybe not", Ianswer.

"Get in the car", he says.

I do as I'm told and get in the car. Niall gets in on the drivers side. I hug my bag to my cheast, while Niall starts to talk.

"So at the party I kissed you because you really were the prettiest girl in the room. At that time Amanda and I didn't really have anything to do with each other. Now we are a couple and I know I told you that I wouldn't be with her but I lied to calm you down. Amanda and I are happy together. We're a couple for one week now but we kept it secret from everyone, so no rumors get spread. That was the first thing. So second thing was that you slept over at my house. Rumors say that you and I had something. You know we didn't have anything, so don't think about talking shit", Niall explains.

"Don't worry, I won't", I say pretty annoyed.

I get out of the car and slam the door shut, as he stops by my house. My mother looks out of the window, as I walk up the steps to our door. Why is she home? I thought she had to work today. Suddenly I feel someone grab my wrist and pull me back. My mother still stands at the window of our kitchen. She looks at the person behind me.

"Max, I'm sorry that I lied to you. I'm sorry, that I'm with Amanda but I love her", Niall speaks.

"It's okay, Niall. Now leave me alone. There's nothing to be sorry about", I say, without turning around.

He turns me around and hugs me to his body. He kisses my head but I push him away and go inside, leaving Niall standing there alone. My mother comes to me with a glass and a towel in her hand.

"Who was that boy?", she asks.

"Hi Mom, my day was shit, thanks for asking", I say annoyed.

"Who was that boy?", she repeats.

"Don't worry, he has a girlfriend", I say and walk up the stairs.

I throw my stuff in a corner, take my football and throw it against the wall as hard as I can. I repeat that over and over again. My mother doesn't come up, so I think she'll just let me continue. I hate Niall. I hate him so much. It's even worse than I thought. I really need to get him off of my mind. my phone rings from the other side of the room, so I get it. Harry.

"Hey, are you okay? You ran out of the locker room pretty fast", he says, as I pick up.

"I'm completely fine", I answer.

"You don't sound like it. What happened? Was it because of what happened in the locker room? Do you have a crush on Niall? Do you need someone to come over? Are you okay? Don't do anything stupid", Harry speaks.

"Harry, calm down. I ran off because Niall said that and yes, I have a small crush on Niall."

"Niall is such an idiot", Harry groans.

"Yeah, he is."

"Do you want to go out? I mean, maybe go to the park or something", Harry asks.

"Yeah", I hick up from anger.

"I'll pick you up in 10 minutes."

"Thank you, Harry."

"No problem."

He hangs up. I go downstairs and find my mother sitting at the dinnertable with her face buried in her hands. She has a piece of paper laying under her elbows.

"Mom, are you okay?", I ask.

"No, nothing's okay. My job was given to someone else", she says.

"Shit, you have to look for another job. Maybe I can ask someone from the team if their parents work as a lawyer and need a secretary", I say.

"No, you don't have to do that. I already searched for some in the newspapers and actually found someone. Her name's Maura Horan. All I have to do is call her and ask for an interview", she says.

Oh, that's Niall's Mom.

"Great, do that. I'm going out with a friend. I'll be back before dinner, okay? I just need to think about something else."

"Is it because of that boy earlier? Did he break your heart?"

"Yeah, he did", I smile sadly.

She nods. The doorbell rings shortly after.

"Seems like another guy is picking you up", she smiles.

"He really is just a friend", I say.

She gets up before me and opens the door.

"Hello Mrs Manning", Harry speaks.

"Hello young man, are you here to pick up my daughter? You better not sell or do drugs or try to get into my daughter's pants!", Mom asks.

"No, ma'am, I don't do that. She told me to pick her up, so we could go to the park", Harry explains quite nervously.

"Max, some boy is here to pick you up", my mother laughs.

"Mom, stop tricking boys the whole time. You even did that back in Dallas", I laugh.

Harry stands there awkwardly, as my Mom gives me a kiss on the cheek. We leave the house and get into his car.

*****

"You were out with Harry?", Niall shouts, as he walks towards me in the hallway.

"Yeah, and?", I ask.

"Why were you out with Harry?"

"I was pissed at you and no one was there. He called me and asked how I was after running off. He knows everything, just like your sister, Bella and Nia", I hiss at him.

He stand only a few inces away from me. His breath actually hits my face.

"Don't ever go out with my friends again", he says.

The people around us all continue their actions, as Niall walks off. He's so bipolar. One minute he's so friendly and nice, the second he's just so angry and jealous. This boy has a damn girlfriend.

"What was that all about?", Missy asks, as she steps towards me.

"The day I told you everything, I went out to the park with Harry because he asked me and wanted to get my thoughts off of Niall, Niall's angry about me being alone with Harry and doing something with him", I explain.

"My brother sure is bipolar."