Thirty-nine: "Stop lying and tell me what's wrong."

I sit down next to Missy on her bed. She put on a shirt by now but I can still tell she feels naked. After I saw her like this, she started crying again.

"Do you want to tell me about it? Or do you just want to go to sleep? I can stay or leave", I tell her.

Missy lays under her blanket, pulling it up to her neck.

"I just need time alone", she whispers.

"Okay but remember I'm there for you 24/7. You can call me at 4am and I'll still take the call", I tell her.

I get up and walk to the door. I turn off the light when I leave the room. Missy shouts a small thanks. Niall comes walking up the stairs, while I jump down them. His eyes meet mine, as we pass each other.

"How is she?", he asks, stopping me.

"She's going to sleep now. Just leave her alone", I tell him.

"Okay but did she tell you what happened?", he whispers, so the others don't hear us.

I shake my head and instantly get lifted up on Niall's shoulder. His shoulder bores itself into my stomach, so it doesn't hurt my ribbs but it hurts still with the corsage on.

"What are you doing?", I ask, as he steps up the flight of stairs.

"I need to tell you if she doesn't. You are the only one with Nia, Bella and me who can get her away from that bastard."

I just let Niall carry me to his room. He lays me down on his bed and sits down next to me. My back is pressed up against the head board, as Niall starts talking.

"I'll just start from one week before it happened. So Missy and Daniel were happy and everything and went on a date. The date was perfect, as she told me. Missy was supposed to sleep over at his place, so of course they were laying in bed together. She told me that he was very different, as in he wanted sex. Missy denied it because she was on her period. She told him but he still tried to get her to have sex with him and he kind of slipped with his hand and and smacked her. He told her that that would never happen again but as you can see it did. So that was strike number one. About three days later, they were at school togther, eating lunch normally. Daniel's friends weren't there yet and since you were in the hospital for a health check, they sat alone. Missy was eating silently, listening to what Daniel was telling her. She didn't listen to him the whole time, so he flipped. He shouted at her that she was a useless piece of shit and such cusses. That was the second strike. Strike three was the last and final strike until now. Daniel was mad because they lost a game, so he kind of just let it out on Missy, telling her she was fat and ugly and useless and such things, beating her up like that. She was his little anger pillow. We need to get her away from him. He's only going to continue hurting her. Nia also saw him with some other girl behind the bowling alley. He's just using my sister. I swear if he lays one more finger on her, he's dead and his dead body will be deader than dead", Niall tells me, moving to lean his back against the head board like me.

He lays his head on my shoulder. My left hand finds his hair. It's so soft.

"I want her to be safe and loved by someone normal", I tell Niall.

He nods, making his hair tickle my neck a little. I close my eyes while I play with his hair.

"We need to get him away from her but she's the one who has to break up with him and move on", Niall says.

"Yeah but how? She's way too scared."

"I don't know. Maybe we should stay near her while she does it, so he can't hurt her."

"Yes."

*****

As soon as I enter school, I see Prom posters everywhere. It's like two months until Prom. What's so special about it anyway? It's just a competition who looks best and has the best date. I hate it. Niall will ask me to Prom eventually, so I have to go. Then I'll have to spend money on a dress that I don't want anyway. I walk past Daniel, seeing him with another girl in his arms. It's Monday, so Missy will have to do her part of the deal. Niall, Bella, Nia and I made a deal with her. She has to break up with Daniel and we will keep him off of her. As soon as Missy comes to my sight at her locker, I walk up to her.

"Hi, Missy. When are you going to do it?", is the very first thing I ask her.

"Hey, Max. I'm doing it at lunch."

"Do you want us to evesdrop on you guys, so we can at least stop him when he's trying to hurt you?"

"That would be nice of you guys. I just hope he doesn't try to do anything to me. Of course you would be there to keep me safe but who knows", Missy tells me.

I nod and feel someone step up behind me. Two strong warm arms covered by a black sweater snake around my waist. He kisses my neck. My hair is pulled up in a ponytail, which makes it easier for him to access my neck. Missy smirks at us. Niall's annoying me a little, especially since we got back together. He's so clingy.

"Niall, please stop", I mumble and press him away a little with my elbow.

"Why?", he asks.

"Because there are other people here", I tell him in a duh-tone.

He lets go of me but still having his hand on the small of my back. Niall could also be annoying me because I'm on my period and I'm pretty aggressive today since everything went wrong this morning. First I fell out of bed and hurt my ribbs, then I couldn't find and sweats or bras, so I had to take some I wore one week ago. Then my hair was standing all over the place and then I couldn't even eat breakfast because my mom had to leave and Harold was already at work, so I'm pretty pissed today. Missy excuses herself from us and leaves to see Nia and Bella, so it's just Niall and I.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit tense today", Niall states.

"I'm fine", I mumble, looking down at my foot.

Niall walks around me, so he can see my eyes. His hands find my face and guide it to look at him.

"Really?", he asks, quietly.

I just give him a faked smile and nod. He pulls my face to his face, so we're only a few inces apart.

"Stop lying and tell me what's wrong", he whispers.

I sigh. He gives me a short peck on the nose.

"My day has already started shitty and I can't even tell you how much I just wish I could go to bed now."

Niall moves his hands from my face to my waist, so he can pull me to his body. I jump towards him a little, so he can hug me better. I just want to throw my crutches away and hug myself up to him. Niall gives me a kiss on my neck, then my cheek and then finally my lips. The butterflies fill my stomach. It feels like our very first kiss. I kiss him back, letting him press me to his body by the small of my back. He lets me go soon, kissing my nose quickly.

"Better?", he asks.

"A little", I smile slightly.

Niall gives me one last peck on the lips before he lets go of my waist and nods towards our first class. As we walk past Bella and Missy, they greet us with a smile. Shortly after them two we see Harry walking down the hallway with his dimpled smile towards us. He is such a good guy. Bella really deserves him.

*****

Niall and I watch Missy walk up to Daniel, as we stand behind a soil in front of our school. We're hiding just like Nia, Troy, Bella and Harry do, so we can keep Missy safe. The others stand behind other soils in pairs of two. Daniel grabs Missy's hand and janks her towards him, so that she's pressed up against his cheast. I see Niall tense up a bit at that movement.

"Daniel, I have to talk to you", Missy says.

"So you finally decided to say yes, huh? Maybe right after school at my place?", Daniel smirks.

"No, it's something else... We... uhm... We need to break up", she tells him.

Daniel's grip tightens around Missy, so that it almost looks like he's crushing her.

"You can't break up with me. I need you", he growls.

"You need me? You need me? Really? You should've thought about that before you beat me up", she shouts, ripping herself from his grip.

Daniel's hand reaches for Missy's arm and he gets a hold of it, so I tell Niall to get him off of her. As soon as Niall starts running, Troy and Harry start running, too, ripping Daniel off of Missy. Bella, Nia and I take the crying girl into a group hug.