Chapter 6

I rolled over in my bed and stretched. It was going to be one of those days. I plucked my phone off my bedside table and went to my closet to find clothes that would at least make me presentable. Settling for a white T-shirt and some flattering jeans I added some earrings I grabbed my bag from it's respected hook and went on my way to school. I'm not quite sure why I'm in a good mood today. It's not like a happy lifty kind of mood it's just.. I feel like I'm going to be happy today. Ehh.

I was walking again today which left me to myself. My Inner voice was surprisingly quiet as I trudged along the sidewalk, It didn't comment on how many times I tripped or when I almost stepped on some thing resembling poop. Maybe I'm still asleep. I pinched my self on the arm like they do in the movies but didn't feel any different. I sighed and continued walking, growing closer to my salvation, Starbucks!

I scurried in side and practically started hoping up and down when I bought a giant chocolate muffin and vanilla frap. As per usual the bi-polar weather forced me inside with it's rain that wasn't there two minutes ago, so I sat at one of those tall tables that make my feet dangle.

"Boo!" Someone screamed in my ear making me nearly pee myself. I squeaked and threw part of my muffin at the culprit. I am not stupid enough to waste an entire muffin, I mean come on! My hand went to my chest trying to calm my heart beat. I looked up to see Collin laughing at me and eating the piece of muffin that I threw at him.

"Collin you scared the crap out of me!" I said. He just chuckled and patted my head while taking the seat, or stool, next to me. He grabbed another piece of my muffin and I swatted it away laughing as he licked his chocolatey fingers.

"Sorry, I tried calling first." Collin said waving a cell phone In front of me. Oops.

"Oh, sorry", I laughed nervously and couldn't shake the nerves in my stomach this guy made me feel.. Weird. I could really use some sarcastic advice from my voice right now... Crickets. I sighed, My inner voice was prolly enjoying this I prolly made it mad or something. "So um what are you doing here?" I asked to clear the silence.

"Just avoiding the rain, and enjoying a cute girls muffin." Collin said giving me a boyish grin. Did he realize how dirty that was and still say it or was he that innocent? Judging by his looks I would go with the later.

"Er right." I nervously laughed and took a sip of my coffee. I'm not ashamed to say that I was looking at Collin in all his darkness. He was wearing a dark navy long sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbows and dark wash jeans with classic black converse. When I was done gawking at his body I looked back up to his face.

He was liking out the window toward the break of trees just a ways done from where we sat. His expression is what set me off though, his jaw was clenched and what ever he was staring would be six feet under if looks could kill. I cleared my throat and his gaze shit to me before he relaxed. Sort of. "Sorry, I guess I got distracted." Collin said forcing a laugh.

"That's fine." I said unsure of what else to say. His demeanor was actually scarring me a little. He looked as if he were in pain and kept fidgeting like mad. "Are you okay? Did you see something out side-"

"I have to go, see you around Jenn." Collin said pulling on a dazzling smile that I felt seemed forced. I nodded and watched him grab his leather jacket I hadn't noticed of the back of the chair and nearly ran out the door. What just happened?

____________________