05| s e c o n d

C H A P T E R F I V E
=> s e c o n d
p a r t 2
|reg|

He hated Bellatrix.

Bellatrix was his older cousin, and Merlin did he loathe her.

She thought it was funny to tell his parents about Lily, potentially putting her in danger and him in danger.

He went back to school with bruises he had to hide. Sirius would have gotten the same but Regulus had convinced his parents to let his younger brother go.

Regulus had told them it wasn't Sirius's fault he was sorted into Gryffindor, but it was his.

He was relieved to see Lily safe and smiling. She looked a little older but still beautiful as ever. He red hair brightened a tad bit, green eyes shining a bit more and her skin looked a little less paler than it did last year.

The birthday present she gave him was in his pocket, folded carefully and weighing him down a bit. It was such beautiful and innocent art he wasn't so sure he was rightful to have it.

But Regulus kept it, and all her small glances. He kept what he could get because they might be the only things that he could.

He knew that Andromeda and Narcissa noticed this but they never asked. For some reason, he felt at least one of them knew what he was going through.

But they didn't.

——————————