#5 Hoshi

Stage Name: Hoshi (호시) (ホシ)

Real Name: Kwon Soonyoung (권순영)

Hanja: Quán Shùn Róng (权顺荣)

Nickname: Mr. Dumbbell, 10:10 O'Clock, Hoshi-tam tam

Team: Performance (Leader)

Birth date: June 15, 1996 

Height: 177 cm

Weight: 60 kg

Blood Type:

Education: Maseok High School

Hometown: Namyangju-si, Gyeonggi-do

Specialty: Choreography

Hobbies: Taekwondo (Black Belt) 

Zodiac Sign: Gemini 

Training Period: 4 years  

FACTS:

-He had braces before, but had them removed.

-He speaks Japanese very well.

-He speaks basic Chinese.

-His favourite colours are black & white.

-He likes Beyonce & Omarion.

-He was voted by the other members as the member with the most aegyo.

-He was voted by the other members as the most hard working member, along with Jihoon.

-He's envious of Seungcheol's muscles.

-He would like to meet Chris Brown, Usher, Beyonce & SHINee.

-He has no experience in dating. His mother told him to study first and date girls later in college.

-He said it was difficult to wake up for school but he's happy now that he has graduated.

-He wants a girlfriend where he could give her chocolates and in return, receive a big kiss and a hug.

-His stage name "Hoshi" means 'Star' in Japanese. The name was given to him because of how charismatic he is on stage.

-He likes Japanese food.

-He choreographs most of Seventeen's routines.

-He said the hardest time in his life was when his friends and family would ask him when he would debut but he couldn't tell them since he didn't know himself.

-His ideal type girl is someone who is fragrant and likes him.

-The meaning behind his real name is that Kwon means 'power', Soon means 'innocent and Young means 'glorious'. It means be powerful by being innocent and glorious. He thinks he's a powerful team leader for the Performance team.

-He is a black belt in Taekwondo and was a Taekwondo champion when he was young. He says Taekwon poses are similar to dance moves and that's how he became interested in dancing. When he was in middle school, he created his own dance club and participated in competitions and won first in city competition. He got casted by participating in the district competition.

-He likes to collect bizarre photos of the members. He deleted most of them in case he loses his phone. He says he has the most bizarre photos of DK.

-His role model is choreographer Keone Madrid. He says his dances are original and attracts people with the beats. He wants to be a person who is original and stylish when it comes to dance and improves himself by performing.

-S.Coups chose Hoshi as the member who could be the leader, he says he has a lot of charisma.

-Between apples or bananas, he prefers apples.

WORK:

-He appeared inNU'EST's 'Face' MV.

-He appeared in Hello Venus' 'Venus' MV.

-Appeared in Seventeen TV from 2013-2014.

-Performed at Like Seventeen Shows 1, 2, 3 and 4.

-Performed at Wapop Show from August-September 2014.

-Performed at SBS Awards Festival in December 2014.