Chapter 23-Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, near-death experiences turn me into a hugger." He grinned and swung me around so that he was holding me bridal style.

"Put me down." I urged, and tried to push away from his surpisingly strong arms, considering he is still recovering from a major illness.

"Chill out, Fern! I'm just playing around with my partner." 

"Deeks, put me down or I will borrow a shaver from one of the nurses and personally strip you of your golden mane." I glared into his baby blue eyes. They widened with serious fear.

"You wouldn't." 

"Would you like to find out?" I smirked. He softly set me on my hospital bed, and took a large step back, running his fingers through his hair protectivly. 

"Crap, I think Nurse Katy just made my stunt double. I'll see you later." And he jogged out of the room, blowing exagerated kisses my way.

'I should have told him that King visited me.' I thought, nibbling on my thumb nail. 'But he would have just gotten overprotective and think that I'm weak and vulnerable.' The other side of me reasoned. 

I hate when he makes me feel like that, but then again, his protective, possessive side makes me feel safe and warm. It makes me want to just let go and melt into his firey touch and soft lips. Deeks is the only peron I have ever felt like that towards. Not even Jack could make me go insane whenever he even slightly touched my skin. 

*^*^*^*

After about two days of bedrest in the hospital, the doctors finally released Deeks, Ziva, DiNozzo, and me. When we got outside of the hospital, Gibbs was the one waiting to drive us all home in his rental SUV. Ziva slipped in front of Tony, and opened the passenger seat door.

"Handgun!" She sneered at Tony. Handgun?

"It's 'shotgun', Zee. Shotgun." Tony rolled his eyes with a smile. Ziva frowned and slid into the front seat. Somehow I got stuck between Deeks and DiNozzo. 

"I think I might miss my stay in Casa de Hospital. Getting cleaned up after and having every meal in bed was actually delightful." Tony nodded, agreeing with himself.

"Not to mention the nice assortment of staff." Deeks wriggled his eyebrows. 

"Oh, believe me, that is never forgotten." 

"What is it with men and nurses?" I groaned.

"Why does this conversation sound vaguely familer?" Deeks tapped his pointer finger on his chin, glancing my way. I rolled my eyes, remembering when Deeks was shot a few years back. He flirted with every nurse that came within twenty feet of him. It was infuriating.

*Deeks' POV*

"Why does this converstion cound vaguely familer?" I said to Kensi, tapping my finger on my chin. She rolled her eyes and stared straight ahead, not amused.

Kensi has been acting wierd the past few days. For one, she's been unusually jumpy. She has also been pretty short tempered and out of it. Like now, she is just staring off into space, her mismatched eyes blank and dull.

"Is something wrong?" I whispered, lightly touching her arm. She snapped out of her trance, and her elbow crashed into my side. I bent over with an oomph. 

"Woah, what just happened?" Tony jumped, leaning over to look at Deeks holding onto his stomach.

"Kens went ninja on me again." I coughed, and slowly sat back up. 

"Whoops..." Kensi stared down at her clenched hands. 

"Would you nitwits calm down back there?" Gibbs groaned.