Chapter Two

I Know these chapters are kind of boring, but I needed to introduce the characters and such. So, bare with me.(:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Two

            “Miss Lockhart,” My British Literature teacher, Elliot Foster, said. “Pay attention and stop ogling Mister Owens.” The class giggled.

“Sorry Mr. Hawkins,” I mumbled feeling my face redden. Mr. Foster is my favorite teacher by far. He’s funny and the youngest and hottest male teacher on the staff, making him the eye candy for all of West Wood. His short, messy brown hair and deep chocolate brown eyes had half of the senior class swooning at the sight of him.

            “Anyway, take out your Emma books and open to chapter four and begin to read with a partner,” Mr. Foster walked down each row of desks, his black converse smacking against the floor. He stopped at my desk, and looked down at me smirking. “And keep your hands to yourself Miss Lockhart.” I swear, my faced turned beet red at that moment. Jace walked over to me and grinned.

            “You look like a tomato,” he chuckled. I faked a shocked face. “A cute tomato.” Jace pulled out his book, place it on my desk, and began to read aloud. I couldn’t focus on any of the words being read. A watched as he fiddled with his braided leather bracelet I got him for his birthday; twirling it around his wrist. The sleeve to Jace’s blue long sleeved shirt slid up revealing a black tattoo of a dragon.

            “Hey, is that new? I’ve never seen that tattoo before?” I mused and reached forward to touch it. A panicked look washed over Jace’s face, but quickly vanished.

            “Uh, yeah it is. I loved the design so I…uh…decided to get it,” He scratched the back of his head and quickly got back to reading. That’s odd, he usually boasts about this kind of stuff. Whatever.   

          The day dragged on, boring and useless. Nothing eventful as always, except creative writing at the end of the day. Our teacher, Mr. Hawkins, was the second youngest male teacher, and the second hottest, made sure we were all in our assigned seats. Luckily, my other best friend Melissa Porter was seated on the right of me. Unfortunately, Colton sits on the left of my, annoying me throughout class.

“Colton Lockhart,” Mr. Hawkins voice booms.

“Hey,” Colt slightly nods his head.

“Skylar Lockhart.”

“Present,” I say shyly. Mr. Hawkins may be a hot teacher, but he scares me. I hear the rest of the names get called out, “Melissa Porter, Leo Sheppard, Liz Talbot, Lucy Claymont….Jace Owens,” He calls out lastly and my heart beats faster.

“Sup,” Jace’s deep, velvety voice echoed through the room. He catches me staring and smirks.

“Alright class,” Mr. Hawkins claps his hands and rubs the together, “Today you will be writing a short story on anything you want; any genre. Go wild. Have fun. But, please, keep a minimum of swears. Get to work.”

I opened a new Word document and began plotting out a story about amnesia.

Concussion

I wrote across the top of the page and began to write it out. The main characters and how she loses her memory. I got so into I barely noticed Melissa hitting my hand with her pencil. “Hey, earth to Skylar.”

“Wh-what?” I asked being pulled out of my fantasy world.

“Hi,” She smirked; I stuck my tongue out in return.

“You’re not going to believe this,” I whispered; Melissa scooted closer, eyes wide and curious. “Jace has a dragon tattoo on his inner arm! Like, since when did he get that and why didn’t he tell me? How could I not notice…you know?” She nodded.

“Sky-lard,” Someone said, and only one person called me Sky-lard.

“What do you want Colt-ton?” I asked peeved.

“You remember what mom said when we were little? About how we should stay away from people with dragon tattoos?”

“Mom’s crazy bro.”

“She is not. Besides, something is totally off about your boyfriend,” he nodded his head toward Jace, and then turned back to his computer.

“Ah, don’t worry about what Colton said, he’s a party pooper,” Melissa stated matter-of-factly. I faked a laugh and got back to work. But something about what Colt said made me realize, Jace had been acting weird since Brit Lit. Maybe I should talk to Brook when I got home. She’ll probably know what to say; she always does, I thought smiling.