23 (part one) Since when do cannibals fall in love with their food?

KATS POV

It wasn't. Tonight was NOT a good idea. As soon as we get into the car Karen is chatting about everything from the past. Which means, she's talking about the person I used to be. I wasn't as nice, and I wasn't as happy. Which seems to surprise Charlie because he looks at me like he doesn't even know me.

I've changed since I've met Charlie. He makes me care free, happy, and all around a better person. I used to be stuck up just like my friends.

I know this comes as a huge shock to Charlie, because I know that he thinks I'm sweet, and caring. Which I am now, but I wasn't before.

Then when we get to the pizza place I'm hoping things get better, but instead they get worse.

As soon as we get there I'm dragged out to the bathroom by Karen, so that we can fix our make up. Which I don't wear anymore, so instead I stand there awkwardly while Karen, and Gretchen fluff themselves.

Gretchen is with out a doubt the smarter of the two, Karen is a bit of an air head.

Gretchen smiles at me, "So, when Charlie saw you get pulled away by Miles he totally started to freak out!" She says grinning. We've been in here for ten minute and I've started to zone out, but at the sound of Charlies name I snap to attention.

"He did?"

"Yeah, like you should have seen his face."

I want to roll my eyes at the way that she talks. I forgot how annoying it was to never hear a sentence with out the word 'like' in it.

Karen smiles at me, "Yeah!" She says drawing it out, "He looked like he wanted to kill Miles."

Gretchen giggles, and I cringe at the sound, "Don't worry though, I explained that you didn't even like Miles."

"Really?" I ask.

She smiles, "Yeah."

Then Karen turns to me and raises an eyebrow, "Aren't you going to fix your make up?"

I shake my head, "I'm not wearing any."

Both of their mouths fall open, "What?"

I shrug, "I was in the woods, there was no need for make up."

Gretchen rolls her eyes, "You can stop joking around now Kat."

"What do you mean?" I ask frowning.

Karen laughs, "Tell us where you were."

"In the woods." I say confused.

"Whatever, if you don't want to tell us it's fine." Gretchen says turning back to the mirror.

"I am telling you." I say getting annoyed.

How could I have forgotten how completely shallow my friends are?

"Yeah, sure." Karen pulls me over to the mirror, "Let us put make up on you."

I shake my head, "I don't want any."

Gretchen is already pulling out her eyeliner though, "Don't be stupid Kat. Just put it on, or I'll put it on for you."

How could I have forgotten how controlling they are?

"Why do you guys even care?"

Gretchen smirks, "Because, we all know that eye liner makes your blue eyes pop. You look better with it on."

I frown looking at my reflection, "I think I look fine with out it."

Karen laughs, "Someone got conceited."

"I did not." I say pouting.

How could I have forgotten the way they always bring you down?

"Then put it on." Gretchen says thrusting it into my hand.

Just to get them to stop pestering me I put it on, very lightly. The whole time I do it I try to convince myself I didn't just give into peer pressure. Then I think, at least it's only eyeliner and not drugs.

One thing I like about my friends is that they were never into that kind of thing. I mean once in a while Karen and Gretchen smoke a cigarette but I would never let them force me into it.

As soon as I cap the eyeliner, lip gloss is replacing it. I sigh and don't even bother to put up a fight.

CHARLIES POV

Kats been inside the bathroom for about ten minutes now and I keep staring at the door waiting for her to come out. I wonder if she got sick all of a sudden. What else would be taking so long?

I'm sitting with Kyle, and Sean. Kyle is the one that flicked Karen in the head, and Sean seems to be his side kick.

They both practically drool over girls as they pass, and keep nudging me in the arm to get my opinion. But they all seem average to me, I couldn't care less about them. They aren't Kat.

I frown once again looking over towards the bathroom, I'm thinking about going in after her when they come out. I immediately frown.

What's all over her face?

She walks over and sits next to me, while Sean and Kyle pull the other two into their laps. I breifly wonder if Kat wanted me to do that to her. Instead I rest my hand on her leg.

We've already ordered the pizza, before they disapeared, so I swish my straw around in my Orange soda.

When the rest of them start talking among themselves I lean over to Kat, "What did you put on your face?"

She sighs, "Eye liner and lip gloss. I refused the foundation."

I frown, "Foundation?"

"Yeah, it covers your whole face and makes you seem tanner, and covers freckles."

I run my fingers over the barely visible freckles on her cheek, "I like your freckles."

She smiles, "Thanks."

I lean over and kiss her and pull back when I stick.

I dip a napkin into my water and wipe it across her lips, "How am I supposed to kiss you with that gunk on your lips?"

She laughs and takes the napkin from me wiping it off herself.

When she sets the napkin aside I hand it to her again, "Wipe that other stuff off."

Kat grins at me but does it.

"What are you doing?" Gretchen asks when she sees us.

I frown, "Getting all the gunk off her face."

Karen frowns, "It's not gunk."

"Yes it is." I say. "She's naturally beautiful, she doesn't need that stuff at all."

Kat finishes and sets the napkin aside again, "I told you I didn't want to put it on." She says quietly.

Gretchen makes a huffy face and doesn't have time to talk before someone is standing over the table. Their expression is the same as Gretchens... with a little bit more anger mixed in.

"What's up guys?" Miles asks, his teeth gritting.

Karen frowns, "Miles? What are you doing here?"

"Wondering why I wasn't invited."

Every body sits there awkwardly and Kat shrugs, "You would have made it awkward."

"Oh really?" He asks annoyed.

I shrug, "You're kinda doing it now."

He shoots me a look, "Shut up."

I put my hands up in defense, "Sorry." I say dragging out the word in a mocking tone.

He points his finger at me, "Do you want to go, I swear, I'll take you outside right now and-" I cut him off.

"Woah, woah woah!" I say moving my hands in rhythm with my voice, "I don't want to go outside with you, it's dark out there, and I don't know what your plans are."

He squints at me, "I'm going to kick your ass."

I sigh, "You shouldn't swear around the ladies."

This causes giggles to erupt from Karen, Gretchen and Kat.

"Miles man, you're causing a scene." Kyle says quietly.

I look around to see numerous tables watching us.

"I DON'T CARE!" He shouts.

Kat rests a hand on his wrist, "Miles are you okay?"

He pulls his arm away like he burned her, "You shut up too."

My hands ball into fists under the table, "I wouldn't tell her to shut up if I were you." I say in a growl.

...................................................

Just so that I can post anything really, I'm going to post this. It's not finished yet which is why it stops at such a random time but I figured it would be better then posting nothing. Part two might be really short. I can't even post this on quizilla at the moment because someone decided to report chapter one, for sexual content, which is such crap. So now my little chapter bar option for this story is gone. and I'm not posting it separately. Anyways as you can tell I'm annoyed. so sorry if my rant is annoying you.

Also please vote this story for the watttyawards!