3. Since when do cannibals fall in love with their food?

CHARLIES POV

When I say I get up early, I mean it. As soon as the sun starts to slant through my window it wakes me up. I lay there for a second and then climb out of bed. I grab a new pair of clothes and leave my room. I set the clothes on the counter and go into the bathroom. I don't close the door and I pee.

"What the hell are you doing!" I hear someone yell behind me.

I scream and jump. I swear as my bodily fluids spray across the wall and I slam the door shut with my foot. When I finish I exit the bathroom hoping the blush that had risen to my cheeks has died down.

I clear my throat stepping out, "I'm sorry I forgot I had you here."

She rolls her eyes, "If you're going to hold some one captive shouldn't you at least remember that you're doing it?"

I blush against my will, "I've never kidnapped anyone, so I'm sorry if I'm not a master at it." I say sarcastically.

She sighs and shakes her head not even bothering to respond.

I shift toward the counter, "So I was about to go wash up in the stream..."

She raises an eyebrow, "Can I go? I would like a bath... or a stream."

I think about this. Can I really trust her?

She sighs, "I won't try to run away."

I cross my arms, "Really? And why should I believe that?"

She shrugs, "Because if I ran away I'd just get lost and most likely die out of starvation."

"How do I know you won't try to run away so that you can go home?"

Her facial expression immediately becomes hurt, "I have nothing to run back too. Actually it's better to say there's nothing I want to run back to."

I put my hand on my chin stroking a fake beard as I think, "I'm not sure if that's such a good idea Food."

She rolls her eyes, "Please, I haven't bathed in like three days."

"Fine, but you're going to sing the whole time you are bathing, so that I know you haven't gone anywhere. If you try to run then I'll watch you the next time you bathe."

She gives me a dirty look, "How do I know you won't already be watching me."

I put a hand to my chest in horror, "Please, have more faith in me then that. I mean I know I was raised by wolves but even they have manners." I start to laugh, "Just kidding I wasn't raised by wolves."

She rolls her eyes again and I smile.

It takes me only a second to have her untied and she grabs a bag off the ground that had been in the corner.

I raise an eyebrow, "When did that get there?"

"When I got here yesterday. I did bring some stuff with me when I ran away." She says like the most obvious thing ever.

I purse my lips, "I see."

I make her let me tie a rope around both our wrists like handcuffs so I can make sure she stays with me. We get to the stream in less then five minutes and I sit with my back to a tree as she bathes.

At first she complains about singing, "I feel stupid." She yells.

I smile, "Just sing, or I'll watch you."

She groans, "Do I have too?"

I shrug, "You could just talk instead if you wanted."

"About what?"