19. Since when do cannibals fall in love with their food?

CHARLIES POV

Last night after Kat finally let me shower- she wanted to kiss me some more... and who was I to say no?- we climbed into bed and I was on the brink of sleep when the phone rang.

"Hello?" Kat asks sleepily.

Of course I'm having a small heart attack though. Honestly, when was the last time I heard a phone ring? It doesn't seem to phase her though.

I wrap my arms around her waist and rest my head onto her chest, liking the sound of her heart. When she talks again it's an echo all through out her chest and I smile.

Her hand finds my hair and lightly combs through it. I probably smell girlie. Like strawberries... it was the only shampoo in the shower so I used it.

"Yeah dad we're in different beds."

I freeze and lift my head off her chest. She smiles down at me, "Yes the door is locked... no he won't sneak into my room."

I sit up ready to go into another room when she kneels behind me and wraps her arms around my shoulder.

"Dad, don't worry. Night I love you."

I love you too, I think.

She hangs up the phone and her lips find the top of my ear, "What are you doing?" Kat asks me; her mouth still on my ear.

I put my hand on her arm, "I was about to ask you the same thing." I say.

"I asked first."

I shiver as her lips find different places, "I was going to go to a different room. It doesn't sound like your dad wants me in here."

"You can't leave." She says pulling me back onto the bed.

I laugh and let her push me back, "Why not?"

She bites her lip and opens her mouth to say something but then shakes her head. "What if it thunders?" The serious look she had a moment before vanishes into a grin.

"It won't thunder."

"How do you know?"

"It's not hot enough."

All of a sudden she swings her leg over me and sits on me, "Well you aren't allowed to leave."

I place my hands on her hips, "Why not?"

"I won't be able to sleep."

"False."

She laughs, "What? You can't just say 'false.'"

I think about this, "Actually I just did."

"That's because you're a cheater."

This time I laugh, "I am not. You're just a sore loser."

"Am not."

"Are too."

She pouts and crosses her arms, "You're a child." She whines.

I laugh, "Really? I'm the child?"

Kat nods, "Yeah."

I lean up so that I'm resting on my palms, "You're the one pouting."

She makes a face, "Yeah well...." She pauses searching for a comeback, "I bet."

I raise an eyebrow completely confused, "You bet what?"

"I bet that I'm the child." She says in a you-want-to-test-me kind of way.

"I don't understand where you're going with this."