20. Since when do cannibals fall in love with their food?

CHARLIES POV

It's been three days since we've gotten to town and two days since Jared threatened Kat. Surprisingly he hasn't come anywhere near her since then. We've gone to see Jerry everyday so far but today we left early because Jared was going to visit.

We were on our way home when Kat all of a sudden paused and stared into a little cafe.

I backed up so that I was behind her- I hadn't noticed that she had stopped until her hand tugged on mine- and looked in. It looked like something from a 50's movie and music from that time period was playing.

I raised an eyebrow at her solumn expression. Even if I'm a cannibal I'm a typical man and I had to sigh as I asked, "Do you want to go in?"

I would way rather go to her house and climb into bed with her instead of going into a place where I'll probably be forced to do the sock hop or something.

Wait a second is it the sock hop? Or is it the Hock sop? That makes no sense so it must be the first.

Kat sighs, "No, it's okay."

I'm tempted to take that as an answer and just drag her off to the bedroom- okay so maybe I've started to enjoy the activities that happen there a little to much but I'm only human!- but I force myself to shake my head.

"I want to go in."

She looks at me warily, "You do?"

I look inside, no. "Of course. It looks fun."

She bites her lip a smile starting to form, "Really?"

I nod, "Yeah."

Hell no.

She grips my hand harder, "Okay if you insist." Kat pulls me in and the second I see kids dancing off in the corner I curse myself internally.

I'm not dancing. I find that when I do I look like a turtle fighting to get off it's shelled back; utterly foolish and without a doubt pathetic.

She picks us a seat in the corner and I'm grateful for this small gift. At least now I won't have to feel like all eyes are on me. A waitress wearing a poodle skirt, and roller blades gives us menus and I sigh looking at the list.

Of course there's no human meat. I find the next best thing, the biggest burger I can find.

Kat grins looking around the room, "I missed this place."

I look at her and for the first time I'm happy we came in here.

"Did you come here often?"

She grins and starts tearing her napkin into tiny pieces, "Every Friday with a group of my friends."

I raise an eyebrow, "You realize today's Friday right?"

She frowns, "Well they probably don't still come here."

"Don't you want to see them?"

She looks down, "I don't know. I sort of pushed them all away after Jared. I think they would be mad."

I shrug, "I don't think so if they are your real friends."

She sighs and places her chin on her hand, "I dunno."

We order shortly after that and Kat sips happily on a strawberry milkshake, "I think I missed these the most though."

I make a face at the chocolate milk in front of me, "Can I have a sip of yours."

She pulls it towards her, "No."

"But you ordered better then I did."

"Who's fault is that?"