Chapter 5 - War wages on.

Beginne am Anfang

"Is she here?"

"Who?"

Annabelle pushed the door open, shoving the man aside. Her scent was here, but faint. Perhaps lingering on old clothing she wore, but Emily wasn't present. She wanted to wait. She wanted to see if the blonde would show up. But as Queen, there were matters that she had to attend to, and after last night's experience, those matters had to take precedence.

"Don't let me find out that you're hiding her here Harold, that would piss me off greatly."

"If you're referring to my daughter...I haven't seen her since she left with you some days ago."

The young boy stared between the two as they spoke.

Annabelle nodded, taking her leave.

She wanted to punch something, or rather, rip something apart. How incompetent could she be, letting a human girl get away. She growled lowly in the back of the car, a sad ache threatening to climb to the surface. Whenever she finds that girl, she'd pay a hefty price.

At the castle, Annabelle battened herself in the study. She studied the report, and ran it against the events that had taken place the night before. Something evil was indeed afoot.

It was evening when Geoffrey had returned to the castle, Victoria hot on his heels barreling into the study.

"Imagine running all the way south to see my stunning wife, only to be informed of her abrupt departure." Victoria frowned a few feet ahead of her.

"I tried to calm her down," Geoffrey intervened. "But...You know her better than anyone. It wasn't happening."

"That's fine. Excuse us." She'd asked him to pull the door in behind him.

"What's going on with you?" Victoria's long legs were covered by black leather pants, a black tank top laying loosely over her shoulders. "What was so urgent that you had to leave in the middle of the night?"

Annabelle eyed the woman who stared at her suspiciously. "When did what I do become your business again?"

The slender woman threw her hand up. "You went looking for the girl." She concluded. "On your own, in the middle of the night."

"You know...?"

"You could have sent guards, but no. It was personal, wasn't it?" Victoria stood right beside her now, a smirk on her face.

"How do you know about Emily?"

"I may or may not have come across her on my way to the mansion."

"And you let her go?" Annabelle on her feet now, snarling at her wife.

"Yes."

"God," she breathed an exasperated breath. "You drive me fucking mad woman."

"Indeed, I do."

Victoria captured her lips, nipping at them playfully. The older of the two wrapped a hand in the wolf's loose hair. The pent of frustration she felt begging to be released in the most pleasurable of ways.

"I called an emergency council meeting. They'll be here in an hour." The queen spoke between kisses, Victoria skillfully removing the buttons of her shirt.

"That's more than enough time."

Annabelle sat bored in the meeting room, waiting for the other members of the council to arrive. "Geoffrey,"

The vampire turned in his seat to face her. "How much more time do they have?"

"Fifteen minutes."

Annabelle groaned; she was completely worn out from the multiple orgasms she'd had half an hour earlier.