Chapter 4 - Storming the castle.

Emily stared at the woman in disbelief. Never did it occur to her that she would run into Victoria in those woods, so far away from where they'd met. Brief recollection of their last encounter brought questions flooding Emily's mind. She wanted to ask what the woman's relationship was to Annabelle—but decided that it didn't matter now.

"Victoria." Her name finally rolled off the blonde's tongue.

"Tell me, what are you doing out here all alone little human." She asked, still licking her lips clean.

"Can you like... stop doing that. It's making me extremely uncomfortable, however grateful I may be that you just devoured two people."
Victoria chuckled, now moving towards her. "I'm sorry." She pouted. "The last thing I want to do is make the little fragile human uncomfortable." Sarcasm thick spread thick on each word.

Emily tried to look away from the naked woman sauntering towards her, full breasts atop her chest and tanned, silky skin. She'd caught a glimpse of the neatly shaved mound between Victoria's thighs and heat rose to her cheeks.

"I returned earlier today from my trip only to hear murmurs of strange events having taken place with one plump, maid. I decided I needed to address it with Annabelle myself, and take a little run in the process."

The blonde nodded. "Are you taking me back?" she decided to cut to the chase. There was no way she'd outrun Victoria, even if her ankle was perfectly fine.

Victoria smiled at her. "Hmm, I think not." She decided. "There are more important things to deal with. Danger is afoot Emily; I'd get out of the woods as soon as possible."

"Great, I'll be on my way then."

"You won't last the night out here Emily." Victoria's warm hand cupped her foot, examining the swollen ankle. "Tell me something about you? Is there more to Emily than just Annabelle's plaything?"

Emily thought for a moment. "I'm eighteen," she began. "I have a younger brother who I definitely miss, I've been taking care of him this past year on my own. We—"

Victoria snapped her ankle back into place, causing the young woman to shriek, tears welling up in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, it had to be done." The tall woman stood, dusting off her hands as though she'd been doing construction. Emily glared at her, wishing she had the courage to punch her in the face for what she'd done. After yelling every single curse word, she could think of, Emily took a deep breath and frowned.

"I'll take you to the edge of the capital, but no further."
The blonde raised a brow at her. "Why are you helping me?"
"Annabelle has taken a special interest in you. I don't know what it is, but I don't like it. I'll help you, but simply because it's mutually beneficial."
"That doesn't explain why you don't just kill me and be done with it." Emily frowned. "Why would you pass up on the opportunity to devour me down to the bones in the middle of the woods, where no one would ever know what happened."

Victoria chuckled. "I'm not a monster you know. And besides, Annabelle would know."
The words 'Annabelle would know' resonated with her, unsure of exactly what it meant.

The two continued through the woods together. "So, where do you plan to run away to?"
Emily shrugged, "Home."

Victoria stared at her like she'd grown another head. "You're not serious, are you?"
The girl nodded. "That's the first place they'll look for you. That mad woman is probably already tearing the wood from the walls."

Again, she hadn't thought that far ahead. Perhaps she'd go home and convince her father that they needed to leave. They could start over in another city, another country, hell, another world if the opportunity presented itself.