I nodded and made my way to the board and solved the question right away.

"Yes. That's the right answer. Now you may go and sit down." Mr. Smith said looking satisfied.

"Thank you sir." I said before coming back to my seat.

I knew all too well that if it was any other student then Mr. Smith would have probably given them detention for not being attentive. But the toppers are always the teachers' favorite.

Yes. I happened to be that topper of the class.

But trust me, being a topper had it's disadvantages. It really did.

Sure I never had troubles dealing with the teachers as I was what people generally called 'the goody two shoes'.

But since I was the topper people thought of me as the authentic definition of a nerd who doesn't have any idea that there is a world outside the textbooks leading her to be absolutely boring and unfriendly.

Okay. I admit that I was a nerd. And I also admit that I also happened to be seen reading books most of the time. But that was because I had nothing else to do since I had no friends.

Because nobody ever tried to be friends with me. Neither did my introverted personality let me approach anybody myself.

Then he came to my life.

Chanyeol was the first person ever who approached me and wanted to be my friend. Needless to say, I was shocked and was very awkward at first.

He was like the most popular guy at school. He had it all. Personality, looks, talent, friends, popularity and a blinding smile on his face.

So it was always a wonder to me why he wanted to be friends with someone like me whose aura itself screamed 'loner' while pretty much the entire school was his friend.

But I couldn't be more grateful.

At that time, never even in my wildest thought did I think that simple (but absolutely precious) friendship would one day lead us to be best friends.

So, I always treasured this friendship. He meant a lot to me.

And then, I didn't know how or when it happened but one day I just woke up and realized how he wasn't just a friend to me. He was much more than that.

He was someone who I wanted to have by my side forever.

But I was scared.

I never had the guts to tell him about my feelings. I was afraid that he might not love me back. He might just always see me as his best friend and nothing else. And because of my stupidity, I might lose my best friend.

There was no way I could afford to do that.

"Hyo Shyn.. Hyo Shyn!" I heard someone whisper. I looked around and saw Dylan calling me.

"Yes?"

"Do you know where's Chanyeol? He hardly ever skips school. Is he sick or somehing?" he whispered, voicing out my thoughts.

"I don't know Dylan. I was actually thinking about visiting him after the school."

"Oh okay. Please remind him about our match tomorrow. We really need him. So if he's not sick, please tell him to come."

"Alright." I nodded.

He's talking about basketball match. Chanyeol was the captain of the school basketball team. It perfectly suited his tall figure and playing and leadership skills. So, it was obvious that they needed their captain to win.