4.1

~Trigger warning, please read chapter with caution~

~~~

"You don't know fear until you face it yourself."

~~~

Harry stepped out of the elevator on the right floor, eyes closing when the first thing he heard was Niall's sob.

Oh, no. It was over. It was all over.

As he suspected, Niall attached to Harry as soon as the younger lad walked into room.

"Harry," Niall choked out, gripping Harry's shirt, holding him close.

Harry's eyes fell shut and he tried not to break into sobs. "Ed," he mumbled.

"No, Ed is..." Niall broke off with another loud sob, "Harry, Ed is alive, he's okay."

Harry froze up his body entirely, blinking and confused. "He's... Ed is okay?"

"He is," Niall cried, not letting go of Harry all the same. "He made is out of surgery b-but just barely, Harry, I thought... I was so scared."

Harry breathed out shakily, wrapping his arms around the first person he'd hugged in a friendly manor for years now.

"Where's my Louis?"

"He was knackered, Harry, but he wouldn't leave until you arrived so I had him run down to the café in the lobby and grab himself a coffee or something."

"Louis doesn't really like coffee," Harry said without thinking as he stepped further into the room. "Where's Ed?"

"He's asleep. They changed his rooms but I was waiting for you and Louis to get back so that we could take Ed's things as well," Niall explained.

Harry shot Louis a quick message, hoping the boy was okay.

Niall said you went to get coffee??? xH

The message was read right away but wasn't replied to. Harry furrowed his brows as he called the number but it went to voicemail before the first ring ended.

Harry looked up at Niall before back at his phone, about to run to the lobby when his phone rang. He answered immediately.

"Lou?"

"Harry, sorry," Louis answered in a breathless voice. "I thought- ow, there's a stitch in my side. Shit."

"Louis, where are you?" Harry asked sharply.

"Avery was in the hospital's lobby. I threatened to break his nose and the little twat started crying and left. I chased after him but he's gone."

"Please come inside," Harry said, rubbing his temples. "Pretty boys shouldn't be alone outside. I'm in the hospital room. Stay on the phone until you're inside."

Thankfully it only took Louis a minute to come in and he said he's be right up after he grabbed his tea.

Harry fell into an uncomfortable chair and watched Niall pack up Ed's stuff, smiling softly.

"Niall?"

"Yes?" Niall asked, looking at Harry in surprise.

"Are you in love with Ed?"

Niall smiled, a little breathless. "Absolutely," he assured Harry, grinning. "Head over heels for him. We haven't said it yet, but I will sometime soon."

Harry nodded his head, content with the answer. "That makes sense... I'm happy Ed was able to find someone. I put him through hell."

"Sometimes," Niall said slowly, looking up at Harry, "We want to go through hell. It's just love. You love Louis."

"So much," Harry said quickly, smiling. "I love him so much, Niall."

"I know," Niall assured him, finishing the packing. "Let's go wait for-"

"Harry!" Harry smiled as Louis jumped into his arms, a grin on his lips. "Oh my, Harry, I missed you!"

"I missed you," Harry said with a small laugh. "Wanted you with me so mad."

Louis shrugged, blushing. "That's okay. M'here now."

"And about to go home. I want you to come with me," Harry said firmly. "You need sleep."

"I don't want to-"

Harry shot him a glare and Louis closed his mouth, looking down at the ground. "Yes, sir."

"My good boy," Harry mumbled so that Niall couldn't hear, tightening his grip around Louis's waist, who smiled and buried his face in Harry's neck.

"I'm going to take Louis home to sleep as well as let Ed rest before he sees me. I'll be back this afternoon," Harry told Niall before guiding Louis out.

~~~

"Harry!" Louis whined, arching his back from the bed. "Stop, stop, someone's at the door."

Harry's smirked and licked over Louis's hole one last time before getting up and pulling on sweats. He could hear that Louis's breathing was uneven as he walked into the living room, opening the door to find a cop there.

Harry shifted, knowing there was a naked Louis in the other room and that he, himself, probably looked like a wreck. He'd already fucked Louis and there was no telling what he looked like now.

In fact, it wasn't even supposed to go like this but Louis was the only person who could help Harry feel better.

"Um, Louis Tomlinson?" The officer asked, raising an eyebrow.

Harry shifted before calling out, "Louis, come here, please!"

He heard shuffling before a wrecked Louis stepped into the living room in a tee and shorts. He looked from the officer to Harry.

"What's going on?"

"There was a suicide this morning- You're Louis Tomlinson?"

"Yes," Louis said, eyes widening in panic.

Harry's face paled at the mention of suicide.

Someone just took their own life.

"Who was it?" Louis asked, eyes on the officer.

"Some kid down town, Avery-"

"Are you kidding me?" Louis asked, mouth opening.

Harry just stared, completely lost.

Why was this happening?

Why were all of these horrible things happening?

"He, uh, left you a letter," the officer mumbled, handing over an envelope. "Don't worry, no one was allowed to read it. We're sorry for your loss."

And the officer left, just like that.

There was a stunned silence in the room, being from how casual this seemed, before Louis sat on the couch, ripping the letter open.

Harry joined him, reading the neatly printed handwriting.

Louis, I just want to apologize. I realized that I was wrong to do what I did, crazy, even, and nothing can stop me. I'm such an awful person, selfish and undeserving. Please forgive me. I'm sorry it came down to this, but I don't belong here. The real point I wrote this is because I came to the hospital today for a reason. I honestly never shot Ed but I know who did. It wasn't my idea, honest, but he promised to kill me if I told. Take my phone from my house, it's in my pillow case. There's video proof that Scott did it. xxAvery

~~~

That was awful omg

Okay yay you know that Louis's old boss shot Ed oops

But

QOTC: whyyyyy

Xx