Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Alexander's POV

I offered my hand then she placed her hand on my palm. Her hand was small, smooth and dry but cold. We went inside the room together. There were candles that leads our path, directing in the dining room. 

She was showing me a pleasant smile. She happily roamed her eyes on the ceiling. 

I pulled the chair and she slid on it. I sat opposite to her gently. She looked around. There were lanterns on the wall and on our table. A bowl of water with roses shaped in heart on the top of the water. 

"Consider as our second date." I opened a conversation since she wasn't talking. Our meals arrived. Stella served it. A while ago, Lara apologized to her action. She told her the truth. Me and Stella just laughed. Thankfully she forgive her. Who would dare to say no to Lara? 

I also explained to her why I prepared a meal not only for our date but also for the employees, I told her that I wanted to share the occasion. 

I took the remote under the table then I pressed the button. 

The curtain automatically moved, showing the full moon and wave of the seawater. The breezy wind makes me want to sleep. 

"This is so beautiful."  

"Yes, so beautiful..." I was staring at her when I said that. She moved her head down, avoiding my eyes. "Let's eat." We started putting a cloth on our lap. 

When were eating we discussed about her paintings. 

"I started when I was 3 years old when my mom noticed that I loved coloring." 

"In that age?" I said in surprise tone as I chewed my food. 

"Then I started competing at school. I love nature, I love anime, I love abstract designs. Everything about art is important to me." 

"Speaking of anime, I saw the content of your drawing book. Is that true?" She stopped from eating. Her face blushed. 

"It's my first time..." she almost whispered. I think she's referring to her anime image when she blushed and put a content. 

"Do you ever had a boyfriend before?" 

She stared back at me then answered, "Never. I spent my time in studying and doing what I want." I felt so happy. 

"Then I will be a lucky man." 

"And I am unfortunate." I smiled, showing her my white teeth. "Can you not take our relationship serious?" My smile slowly faded. "You know that we are just part of royal marriage. I don't think this will work." 

"I am dating you not because I am attractive to you but because I need to pretend." I lied. I am very attractive to you Lara. You don't know how much. But your smile makes me smile, when you are sad it hurts my feeling. I just want you to fall in love with me. That's all.  

"Thank you for being honest to me." 

"You don't have to worry about your image, I will surely protect you." 

"Then that's a relief." 

I drunk some water. That's a relief? Ha! That's all? I want to hear any compliment or encouraging things to cheer me up. Just that, can't you give me some? 

After the dinner, I took her hand and we went outside. "Take you slippers off." she did what I said. Then suddenly the light turned off. She held my hand tightly. Then the lights on the sea opened. I prepared that too - planting colorful lights under the water. 

Her eyes sparkled with amaze. "Wow... This is so romantic." I moved behind her and I hugged her cold skin. I placed my chin on her shoulder. "Mr. William... I mean Baby, what are you doing?" Yes! She called me baby! I silently laugh with excitement. 

"Just a minute." But I takes 5 minutes before I released my hug. 

After that, we returned back to the room. A large bed with flowers on top, make her happy once again. 

"Let's sleep?" I asked a permission to her. I was thinking of her on the bed then we're making sounds of pleasure. I smiled secretly. 

"You sleep there and I will sleep on the sofa." 

"Why?" I questioned her with a confuse face. 

"What do you mean why?"  

"I mean why in sofa? Stay on the bed and I will sleep on the sofa." I reasoned out even though the truth was I want us together on one bed. 

***

Next day, we prepared for our tour in New York. I promised her that we will go to the art museum. We went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. 

"I wonder why I did not see any people here?" Then she turned her eyes on me. "Have you ever closed this museum for us?" 

I cleared my throat. "I just want you to see those arts and I don't want anyone to disturb us." 

"Okay, so where do we start?" 

We explored the collections of European masters, other sculptures and paintings. I told her some stories that I know in some of the collection. 

"Every stroke of the brush fly with very precise movement of the hand." she complimented. 

After forty-five minutes of roaming this place, we decided to return but I opposed and told her to visit the center park before we return. 

We were in the park right now when my phone buzzed. "Wait, I have to take this." 

"Okay, take your time." 

That was a call from my secretary. I really need to meet them tomorrow. I moved my eyes to Lara. But I want to be with her. 

"How is it?" 

"Lara, I'm sorry but we can't visit the other museum again. I need to go back in Japan to meet the Japanese investors." 

"No, it's fine for me." 

"Thank you for understanding." She stood up as she fix her dress. She looked away. I felt like she is a bit upset on what I said. "Lara, I will return tomorrow." 

Lara moved her head to my direction and showed me a half-smile. "I'm really okay." Then she tapped my shoulder twice. "Let's go. You have an appointment." she reminded me. 

I followed her. I grabbed my phone when she went inside the car. I called the CBN station to cancel the interview that was set tomorrow. I didn't know if I will arrive here in the right time so I need to tell them before it's too late.