Prologue

Unedited

Lara's POV

For the sake of my parents, I have to wear a mask. People around me don't understand why am I wearing it. To be honest, I don't know it also. 

I tried to understand my parents but when I turned 13 I questioned my parents, 

"There are a lot of threats in you, Lara." My dad reasoned out. 

"Of course! Threats are everywhere in the Royal members. Even lower clan has threats. Dad, that's common." I commented. 

"Lara, your mask has something to do with our wealth." My eyebrows curled on what my father said. I remained silent at the moment, waiting for him to continue. "We treasure you a lot." 

"Why? Zyl is not wearing a mask. You're so unfair dad!" I cried out. My brother Zyl live in a normal life. He is a Prince and I am a Princess who wore mask every time I go around. 

"You will understand everything when you grew up." that's all he said.

***

A princess can do anything she like to. You think that a Princess should act calmly, gracefully and smoothly. Nope, not me. In every clan there are rules and regulation, inside and outside. Are we living in a palace? Nope, not really palace. But a mansion that looks like a palace. 

Well, living a life like this is very boring. Imagine, being monitored 24/7. Surrounded by the guards, mentors and nannies. My God! That's the reason why I always sneak out and take off my mask. I want to live as a normal one, not like a Princess who only fight for the Power and Wealth. 

Life as a Princess is very boring. Although you can buy what you want, dress what you want, do what you want but there's always been a limitation. If you didn't do performed your duty well, you will be drag down in your position. 

There are a lot of cases like that. Sometimes, it's because of love. If the princess have an affair in a normal one. Royal Blood is the most important blood in the royalties. 

That's the reason why my father agreed in a Royal Marriage.  

My father, Fred told me to meet my so-called fiancee in a famous restaurant. I never had an interest in knowing my fiancee's name and image. I rolled my eyes irritably as I looked at my watch. He really doesn't know me well. 

I'm in the car right now, reading a novel book while waiting. I checked the time again.

five...

four...

three...

two...

one...

We suddenly stopped, I'm so lucky that I'm wearing seat belt. "What the f*ck?!"

"I'm so sorry ma'am. I'm having stomachache. May I go to the CR?" 

I smiled secretly. He was looking at me in the mirror, waiting for my respond." 

"Okay..." I answered shortly. 

He moved out of the car and rushed inside the store. I followed him with my eyes. 

He's gone.

I threw my book beside, I unbuckled my seat belt then I jumped on the driver's seat. I operated the music and pressed the increased button of the volume. I wore seat belt and shifted the gear and I stepped on the pedal. 

***

This is the place where I belong, The Club. People around me thought that I'm a princess. Yes, I admit it, I am a PRINCESS. Imagine, I'm surrounded with maids to take care of my daily needs, I have personal bodyguards and drivers, mentors to practice and teach me well. Ugh! I hate my life. A lot of girls envy me but they didn't know how I tried to cut the tie of this royal sh*t.