Lunch

*Alyssa's p.o.v*
Today was the day of my lunch with Luke and to be honest, I was pretty nervous. I also hadn't spoken to Megan and Brogan since I had run out on them during the 5sos concert, so I knew I'd have a lot of explaining to do, especially if I decided to tell them about my past, which I didn't want to do; I wanted to make it in this world because of my own work, not because I was Ashton Irwin's twin sister. This was something I wanted to do for myself. I checked my reflection in the mirror; my make up was neutral as usual for work, my hair lightly curled and I was wearing a black long sleeved skater dress and black ballet flats. I quickly texted Luke to make sure we were still on for today.

1 text to: Luke Hemmings
You still picking me up today?

He replied instantly
1 text from: Luke Hemmings
Yup, see you at 12:30, babe

*Luke's p.o.v*
I was woken by my phone's text alert sounding loudly through the quiet tour bus. Luckily no one else had heard it, meaning that it wouldn't wake the other boys up. I unlocked my phone, smiling when I saw who the text was from.

1 text to: Alyssa💫
You still picking me up today?

Like I would pass up that chance!

1 text to: Alyssa💫
Yup, see you at 12:30, babe

Oops. I didn't mean to call her babe, it was just a habit even after all this time. I was still in love with her, and I just hoped that she felt the same way. Looks like I'd find out today.

*Alyssa's p.o.v*
I was surprised by the fact that Luke called me babe, but it also gave me that familiar butterfly feeling in my stomach that I used to get every time I was around him. I turned my phone to silent as I set off for work. I was early, meaning that I was the first one in the office. I plugged in my headphones, listening to the So Wrong, It's Right album by All Time Low as I carried on with my latest design. The music was so loud that I didn't even hear Megan and Brogan come in and I only looked up when one of my headphones was tugged from my ear.

"Right, what happened to you, then?" Megan asked as I looked up to see both of them standing there
"Yeah, you just suddenly went all emotional and shit and then next thing we know, you've run off somewhere, and Luke was being all weird on stage too!" Brogan added
"Okay, this is a really long story..." I began and then I told them everything, starting with receiving a letter from Ashton, all the way through to last night's concert.
"Wow...." Brogan muttered, while Megan sat there speechless; something that had never happened before.
"Why didn't you tell us?" Brogan asked, confused
"Well I wanted to make it as Alyssa Irwin, the designer, not Ashton Irwin's twin sister, y'know? I didn't want people giving me opportunities just because my brother's famous," I explained.
"You still could've told us," Megan said. "I mean, we're best friends, right?"
"Right," I agreed, and Brogan nodded. "Oh, and there's something else as well," I added, noticing the time.
"What?" Brogan asked, but was cut off by a knock on the office door
"Come in!" Megan called and the door opened to reveal Luke who was dressed in black skinny jeans, converse boots and plain grey v-neck. Megan practically passed out on the spot.

"Hey," I greeted, smiling slightly
"You ready to go?" Luke asked
"Sure, ready when you are," I replied, and I got up, waving goodbye to the shocked girls. "They're big fans," I explained as I shut the door.
"Maybe I can meet them when I walk you back after lunch?" Luke suggested, taking my hand in his, making my breath hitch slightly.
"You don't have to walk me back, Luke," I laughed
"Yeah I know. I just want to."

We walked down the sunny streets of Milan until we came across one of my favourite Chinese restaurants: The Luck Cat.
"How did you know I love this place?" I asked as we stepped inside.
"Because I know you," Luke shrugged and again I felt the butterflies erupting in my stomach. We were shown a table, and we both ordered quickly.
"So, anyway, Alyssa, we really need to talk," Luke began, and I nodded in agreement. "I think we should get back together,"
"Wait, what?" I asked in shock
"You heard me, we were great together," Luke replied, taking my hand across the table.
"But Luke, I have my job and you're still touring the band!" I cried exasperatedly
"But we're so good together, Alyssa, anyone can see that!" Luke replied, his voice rising
"Luke, the reason that we broke up was because we couldn't handle the long distance in the first place! What makes you think we can handle it now!" I argued loudly, causing a few people in the restaurant to look this way.
"Because I still love you, goddammit! I'm still so hopelessly in love with you, I've been a wreck without you, you've been on my mind constantly these past six months, I've tried so hard to get over you but nothing works, all the songs I've written have been about you, all the dreams I've dreamt have been about you, all the thoughts I've had are still about you, even after all this time. I love you Alyssa, for Christ's sake can't you see that?!" Luke yelled, standing up, the entire restaurant going quiet. I was silent for a moment, until Luke sat back down.
"Alyssa, if you love me, then we can make this work," he said quietly, looking at me pleadingly
"Luke, I just don't see how --" I started
"Right, I see how it is," Luke said, his voice cold as he stormed out the restaurant.

-------------------------------------
A/N

woah

Chicken grease peace nipples
Lots of dat love
Zoe xxx