Twins day out

*Alyssa's p.o.v*
"Luke?"
He was the last person I expected to see; I didn't even think he knew where I lived. I turned to look at Ashton, who was peering round the living room door, but he shrugged at me, indicating that he didn't tell Luke.
"Hey, can we talk?" Luke asked, as I turned back to look at him. I studied his appearance carefully. He was wearing the same clothes that he wore last night, he had dark bags under his eyes, his hair wasn't styled, his eyes were sleepy and his stubble was evident, but his lip ring sill protruded from his bottom lip as he chewed on it; something he always did when he was nervous. I don't think he'd been asleep at all last night.

"Alyssa?" Luke asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Can we go somewhere? Talk?"
"Luke, how did you even find me?" I asked, ignoring his questions.
"That's not important. What's important is that I'm here, and we might have a chance to sort things out!" Luke replied
"Not today, Luke, I'm spending today with Ashton," I said, and behind me I heard Ashton duck back into the living room in order to avoid Luke's gaze.
"Liss, we leave tomorrow evening. Please meet me tomorrow. I miss you, like crazy," he pleaded, and I winced slightly at his words, and his use of my old nickname.
"Okay, fine. But I have work tomorrow," I sighed in defeat
"I'll pick you up for lunch?" Luke offered
"I get off at 12:30," I replied, smiling wanly at him.
"I'll pick you up at your office at that time, just text me the address?" Luke suggested and I nodded. He picked up my small hands in his large ones and pressed his lips softly to my knuckles. "Until then..." He muttered, and then he was gone.

"What was that about?" Ashton asked as I entered the living room
"Oh, Luke just wanted to talk and --"
"And?!" Ashton interrupted
"Well I was about to tell you!" I laughed.
"Sorry," Ashton giggled. "Continue?"
"I agreed to meet him tomorrow in my lunch break, so we can talk," I explained
"Nervous?" Ashton asked
"A little, but I'm free today so we can do anything?" I replied
"Sure. What do you do for fun around here?"

"Alyssa, where are we going?" Ashton whined as I droves down the streets of Milan.
"Wait and see, and stop being so impatient. We've been driving for five minutes," I laughed, tapping a beat to Stacy's Mom on the steering wheel with my fingers.
"Why can't you tell me?" Ashton whined again.
"Because I don't want to ruin the surprise!" I replied. "But you have nothing to worry about; the place is quite secluded so not many people go so you won't be recognised as much."
"So will you tell me where we're going?" Ashton asked, practically ignoring my previous statement.
"I don't have to tell you: we've already here," I replied, pulling into the almost empty car park.
"Bowling?!"

I walked into the bowling alley, the place almost deserted expect for a couple of families with little children playing on some of the lanes. I know that bowling alleys aren't usually quiet places, but the larger, fancier one was more in the centre of the city, whereas this one was a lot harder to find and was smaller than the regular one. People chose not to go here, mainly because it was location near one of the dodgier parts of town, but the place itself was lovely, as were the people, all of whom I have come to know in the many times I have been here in the past six months, whether it be to bowl, play the arcade games situated next to the lanes or to eat in the 60's style diner.

"Hey Frank," I greeted the guy behind the counter
"Alyssa! It's good to see you again!" Frank smiled, as I untied the laces in my boots. "And who is this?" He asked, referring to Ashton.
"This is my brother, Ashton. He's just here for a visit," I replied
"I thought you looked familiar; you're in that band, right?" Frank asked. "My daughter, Sapphire, is a big fan: she'd be so jealous that her dad met you!"
"It's a shame she isn't here, I love meeting fans," Ashton said, smiling apologetically. "Tell her that I send my love?"
"Yeah, I will do," Frank replied, before turning to me. "What will it be today, Alyssa?"
"Um, two games of bowling for the two of us?" I asked, placing my shoes on the counter top
"Sure. And it's on the house for my favourite customers," Frank laughed and I thanked him, smiling gratefully.

"Haha, you lose again, Ash!" I laughed, as we finished our second game.
"How did you manage to get so good at bowling?!" Ashton whined as we headed up to return our shoes.
"Practise I guess," I shrugged, as he swiped a clean napkin off one of the diner's tables as we passed. "What are you doing?"
"Just a little thank you to Frank for our free games," Ashton replied, and I watched as he wrote a little message, before signing his name with a flourish. We both handed our bowling shoes over, before retrieving our own.
"Hey, Frank, this is for Sapphire. Tell her I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to see her," Ashton said, sliding his note across the counter top
"She'll love this, thank you, and I'll definitely go up in her standards," Frank laughed.
"Thanks for the games, Frank," I called and headed into the diner, Ashton following behind me.

"What can I get you, Alyssa?" Amy, the waitress at the diner asked, smiling at me
"Just the usual, please Ames," I replied, handing her my menu
"Um, can I get the bacon cheese burger and fries please?" Ashton asked and Amy nodded, scribbling it down on her pad of paper before entering the kitchen.
"Do you know everyone here?" Ashton wondered allowed, causing me to laugh as I sipped my Diet Coke.
"Pretty much," I replied. "I've come here a lot in the past six months."
"Life back in Australia must seem like miles away, huh?" Ashton asked
"It does seem a while ago, yeah" I agreed. "I miss it though, I miss everyone back home."
"We miss you too," Ashton replied. "Mum, Lauren and Harry will be gutted they missed you, and Zoe and Phoebe miss you too,"
"I miss them all," I admitted. "I mean, I love it here, but you guys are my family, and even though I haven't lived with you forever, it feels weird not to be around you everyday."
"Yeah, I know what you mean, it's weird for me too," Ashton replied as our food arrived.

"So anyways, what's it like to be on tour?" I asked, as we ate
"It's so surreal, y'know? Like just a few years ago we were playing in Michael's garage, so now to actually play arenas, is huge for us!" Ashton told me. "It's like a lad's holiday really, and the tour bus is such a cool place to hang out."
"I'll have to come see it sometime," I replied, smiling, as we both finished eating. Ashton took out his card to pay, but I stopped him. "Let me get it; it is my treat after all,"
"Okay, but you have to let me pay for the arcade games," Ashton replied as I typed out my pin
"Deal," I laughed, removing my card from the reader.
"C'mon then, what should we play first?"

We spent hours in the arcade, whether it be shooting hoops in the basketball game, trying to win stuffed teddies in the grabber machines or "drive" around on fake motorcycles. We drove home, singing Green Day at the top of our voices.
"Swing by the tour bus tomorrow after you finish work? The guys would love to see you?" Ashton asked, as I pulled up outside my house
"Depending on how it goes with Luke; if it goes well, then sure. But if it goes not so well, then I might have to take a rain check on that one,"
"Okay, well either way I'll try and get over here to say goodbye to you before we leave," Ashton replied, as we both got out the car.
"I can give you a lift back if you want?" I offered, but Ashton shook his head
"It's okay, I think I'll just walk, it's only a few blocks away," he declined. I walked round the car and pulled him into a tight hug, which he immediately returned
"I'll miss you so much," I whispered into his hair
"I know, I'll miss you too," Ashton whispered back. "I'll come see you, as often as I can."
"If I get a few days off, then maybe I'll come see a show? I'll just try not to bolt next time," I said, laughing slightly despite the few tears that were beginning to run down my cheeks.
"And I'll be home for Christmas. Will you?" Ashton asked.
"Yeah, I should be," I replied
"I'll probably see you tomorrow then?" Ashton offered
"Yeah, I'll see you then. Love you, Ash," I said
"Love you too, Lyssa," Ashton replied and I watched as he walked down the street, waving as he went.

-------------------------------------
A/N

Aw, the twins are reunited again:))

Drama soon, possibly the next chapter;))

IMPORTANT: okay guys, first off, I'm so super sorry about my lack of updating, I haven't been on wattpad in months and months and the drafts I have saved, I wrote over a year ago. I'm going to try and pick up the story again over Christmas and even more so in the new year. Thank you for your continuous support, I love you all.

Chicken grease peace nipples
Lots of dat love
Zoe xx