Prologue

Prologue:

Part 1- https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/33591898-one-does-not-simply-walk-into-mirkwood 

"Bilbo!" Cyndaris called out,"I got the cheese from the market! And I caught two rabbits on the way back!"

The she-elf bent down to walk through the Hobbit's home, she stopped briefly next to the unkindled fireplace, glancing over at Bilbo's collection of papers and his book. But she focused on the thing that made the aura of the room memorable.

Thorin's map.

Cyndaris often stopped and stared at the parchment, thinking of the memories and how much longer she had left with Bilbo.

The previously mentioned Hobbit waddled his way into the room with the hunter: "Yes! Yes! Very good. This should last a few days..." He started to mumble to himself, hand over his pocket briefly before grabbing the items. He turned and started to head to the kitchen, and in his path was replaced by Frodo.

"Cyndaris! You said you'd take me with you!"

"Ah, yes, well... I had to leave early in the morning and you weren't back from Sam's yet." She smiled at the younger Hobbit.

She did not want to risk him, no matter what. She had had a vision of his time, and it was not yet.

"Alright...Oh! This came for you in the mail!" He handed over an envelope that had a little bit of weight to it. "Thats weird..." Cyndaris mumbled, she never received mail. Mostly because the only people that knew she was here were what was left of the Company and Gandalf the Grey.

Cyndaris flipped it over to the back to open it, and froze.

"Cyn?" Frodo's concerning tone made her look up. He could make out the fear in her eyes. 

"I have to go..." She ducked and disappeared out the circular door.

Dear Princess,

Cyn! You have to return, the King he is.... not right. We all questioned something was amiss but did not take action. He seemed to just have snapped. When he is not sending all the guards to take out spiders, or sending prisoners to their deaths... he locks himself in his quarters. We all think you are the only one that can help. Please, we know you will do the right thing.

Captain of The Guard,

Tauriel

She read it over and over under the tall tree next to the lake, to the point it was nightfall. She had expected that her time to come back was near, and that it would be for him, just not this way. "The right thing... the right thing is to let him suffer, but something is just...wrong about what is happening...." 

Cyndaris contemplated the situation, painful memories rising from the ashes of her past mistakes. Could it be truly worth her suffering to return to her once meaningful home? She stood to return to her friend. She made sure she saw no candle light before she slipped in to the hovel, grabbed some things for her journey, and left the letter on the table for Bilbo to find.

"This better be worth it."

------------------------------------------

I do not own any original characters like Thranduil, or the Cover Photo. Most Rights To Tolkien!