Chapter One

This story will contain mature references, scenes and vulgar language throughout. Please do not read if you're not old enough to buy tickets to go to the cinema to watch MA15+ films by yourself.

Inspired by Tarzan.

The high pitched scream in the distance is what caught his attention. For 13 years, he has never heard such a desperate, soul crushing, shattering scream and instantly his once relaxed body turned rigid, the make-shift bucket of water falling from his hands. He didn't even care that the water he tried so hard to collect fell to his feet, the valuable liquid splashing on the dry dirt turning it muddy and staining his already dirty bare feet.

Flashbacks and memories clouded his mind and as though somebody had just physically abused him, his strong body stumbled backwards. The forgotten tree root behind him caused his feet to tangle, loosing balance he harshly collided with the jungle grounds. Used to the hard ground and rough terrain, the fall didn't faze him. Instead he propped himself up on his elbows and kept his ears on high alert, wondering if he truly heard the sound or if he had just imagined it.

Not even a moment later, he flinched back, pressing himself into the dirt as the scream occurred again, just as ear shattering as the first time. Instantly, the man panicked. Acting on his primal instinct, he shot up to his feet desperately wanting to see whatever was making the haunting memory burn at the front of his mind.

He knew the jungle like the back of his hand. He knew every root, every tree, every plant and every path, and he also knew exactly where this sound came from. His feet softly collided on the dirt as he ran, the intense, fast pace he is used to not phasing his athletic ability. The scream didn't sound again and he thanked the women high in the clouds.

His senses are sharp and in less than 10 minutes of furious running and climbing his paced slowed as he neared the edge of the cliff. Cautiously, he crept forwards.

This man has no fears. This jungle is his terrain, his territory and his home and he knows all threats he could possible endure. But this sound, this high pitched wail was a sound he has not heard in over 13 years belonging to something he didn't know even existed outside of himself anymore.

This cliff is all too familiar to him, in fact it's his second favorite place in his home. The tall trees stood proud and fearless on the edge of a large cliff overlooking the enormous body of water he recalls as the sea. When the hot, bright circle in the sky sunk before the tight turns dark has always a fascination to him, and this cliff has always been the best place to view it from.

Slowly, he neared the edge. The loose dirt looked more shaken than usual and instantly his senses turned on high alert, not knowing what to expect. Perhaps it is a monkey that fell, he thought but his brain didn't seem to agree with the idea.

Looking down the 15 body's high cliff, his heart started beating rapidly at the sight, his mind going into overdrive. Instantly, he dropped to his stomach, his muscled body lying flat on the ground as he tried to control his heartbeat.

It couldn't be, he thought with disbelief. It just can't be.

On his belly, he quietly inched forwards to the edge again only allowing some of his face to overlook the edge. Sitting, in a huddled ball with the bend in the knees tucked into its torso, was an animal who looked just like him, only more like his mother.

His eyes stayed trained on this thing, not daring to move as he stayed on high alert. What sounded like sniffling when he had a runny nose was heard from the figure crouched but he doubted this would scream merely from having a dripping nose. The way it huddled to itself, the way it looked as though it was shaking uncontrollably confused him.