Coffee

~Reader's Perspective ~

I walked and gazed upon warm coffee shops, mini restaurants, and a few fast food places, but I decided to go into a sweet looking café called Caffee (not real). As I walked in, I was immediately confronted with a warm, cozy atmosphere with slight mumbles of spread out conversations among everyone. I silently got into the 3-person line and began thinking if what YBFN would want. I texted her if she still wanted food, but she said just a normal drink would do.

Obviously just a a regular vanilla coffee and for her...I'll just get a black coffee with sugar.

I stepped forward and prepared myself for social interaction with a 20 year old blonde girl, who was in a navy blue uniform and around 4'10" with me towering over her at 5'6".

"Welcome to Caffee! What can I get you?"

"Uh, a vanilla coffee and another one black please." As I spoke the cashier had it move forward because I was talking pretty softly considering I was alone and a bit scared.

"Okay! It'll be £8.34."

I grabbed the money out of my back pocket; I hated carrying a purse because it was too much. Like why carry that when you have pockets? Anyways, I handed it over to her and smiled shyly.

"It'll be ready soon! Thank you and have a nice day!"

I walked away from the line to sit down at an empty booth. I stared at the window attempting to take in the beautiful scenery of rainy Ireland as I also tried to absorb the warmth in the little shop.

"Can I sit here?"

I flinched a bit from a thick, and highly unexpected, Irish voice.

"Sure. I don't mind." I wasn't going to be rude and bluntly say No or lie and say that j was waiting on someone. I could see him out of the corner of my eye, quietly playing with his fingers. I assumed he was just waiting for his order as well and didn't want to go far to sit. I turned as he began to move only to pull out his phone. We made eye contact for what seemed like a millisecond, but we were probably staring at each other for a full minute. It didn't seem awkward with this guy because I knew him. I wasn't fangirling because I wanted to seem calm and not like cause a scene. I looked back out the window from his glimmering blue eyes. They kind if reminded me of the sky on a clear day, which never occurred in Ireland according to his videos. I thought of something to say to him so it wouldn't be awkward to the both of us, or just me for the matter.

"Hey, I know you." I said surprisingly loud enough for him to hear.

"From YouTube?" He replied looking up from his tablet-like phone.

"Yea, JackSepticEye." I smiled as I said it acknowledging the fact that I was actually talking to him right now.