11

-hope-
"I get that because I was nice to you and you're my 'mother' and all but that doesn't entitle you to meddle with my personal life" I glare.
"I'm not gonna be the reason you and your best and closest friend fight" she states Before ushering Tasha into my room. She shuts us in the room  and smirks "it's gonna be barricaded shut so don't even bother trying to leave until you make up". I look at Tasha and sit awkwardly opposite her.
"Nice room" she mutters
"thanks" I mumble looking at my feet: I'm wearing Nicki's fluffy hello kitty slippers.
There is a half hour silence.
"Look, hope, I'm so sorry- I just, I felt like I was losing you cause your my best friend and have been since my diaper days" she sighs.
I don't say anything
"okay then" she sniffs grabbing her stuff about to leave.
I watch her walk out of my room before I sigh dejectedly:

"No wait...I'm sorry, I saw all this stuff and the money- it made me go crazy and forget where I came from,my voice cracks
"cause you know kids like us- nothing this good ever happens to us, like my room- I've never had my own room before and I've dreamt about my birth parents for so long... I just" I wipe my tears away with the back of my hand; I hate people seeing me cry. My eyes brim over with more fresh tears As she throws me into a hug. "I'm so sorry," I whisper
"me too" she mumbles back soaking my shirt with tears. "
"friends?"
"Best friends" I chuckle through my tears.
"Look at us," I laugh wiping tears from my face; "crying little bitches, being all corny and shit" i giggle unable to hide the smile on my face,
"NICKI" I yell "NICKI WE MADE UP NOW YOU CAN LET US OUT" I call trying to open the door. No reply: "NICKI?". I look into the drive- one of Nicki's cars (the Bentley), which happens to be her favourite one, is missing. I kiss my teeth and raise an eyebrow turning back to Tasha.
"She left us here to go shopping didn't she..." Tasha asks being blasé,  folding her arms

"Uh... Yeah". I sit there drumming my fingers.
"Nicki left her laptop in here... Do you wanna.... Log on and post shit on her Twitter...?" I ask smirking.
"No.." Tasha begins sighing,
"that would be wrong..." We nod; Sitting in silence.

"But who the fuck cares" she grins as we run towards her laptop laughing.
----------------------------------------------
Monday
The next day
8:OO
-hope-
"I'm going now Nicki" I casually say as she nods typing into her I phone 6s. "Okay" she leans in for a kiss which I quickly reject- affection is gross, it makes you become attatched. Nicki and I don't know each other like that either....

I grab the doughnut and bagel from the kitchen before running outside to meet Arron and Gabby. I give the doughnut I got to Arron and the bagel to Gabby. "Now where's my shit, you gotta keep your ends of the deal" I laugh as they hand me my coffee in a flask as Nicki banned me from having coffee for some reason (I assume it's cause of some dumb shit she read off this online moms forum)
"Nice doing business with you" I smile. I sip the coffee and sigh contently as sickly sweet vanilla sweetener , contrasts with the bitterness of the coffee  running down my throat and burning me up from the inside. Just how I like it. "So is your mom in?"
"Yeah Nicki is in why?" I smirk.
"No reason" he turns red.
"just to...You know... Um... To... Check if we can go?" He questions.
"I-I-i... U-u-u-um... I-I-I-I-I... Let's go Casanova" I roll my eyes mocking him as gabby high fives me. Gabby and I decide to sit in the back of Aarons car together rather than me sitting in the front today. I swear as we drive away I can see nicki and Arron exchanged a look across from the window in the house to the car as they both  look uncomfortable. Maybe they have or had 'a thing' going on- I don't know. Something is going between them but I'll find out. I always do.

"What should we listen to?" He asks me and gabby. "Eh, whatever, but no more Nicki Minaj, it's bad enough having her nag me all day" I sigh jokingly. "Hey, imma tell her you said that" Aaron jokes but never the less he turns on power 104 and surprisingly enough guess who is on the radio! I look to my right and gabby offers me a half smile. "I'm sorry about the other night...I shouldn't have gone there... we cool right?" she looks at me hopefully.
"we,cool" I smile pulling her into a hug with my right arm.
"you didn't tell him I was leaving did you?" I whispered to her.
"nah." Gabby begins
"the fuck you take me for I aint a snitch" she laughs and I burst out laughing. "Cool it butch" I smirk "I don't care even if you told" I ruffle Gabby's  hair and she swats my hands away.

--------------------------------------------------

I probably won't be updating this as not really a lot of people still read this story anymore and I am really preoccupied with education at the moment. I wrote this chapter a while back and I felt bad about not posting so I just posted what I had so far

--aaliyah💛