6

HOPE POV
"Tash chill" I rolled my eyes pushing her playfully. "You see... I found my mom and dad but now I'm stuck with them, they have to foster me because court wasn't having anything to do with my emancipation" I peeled some of the paint off the crumbling walls "and My mom... Is Nicki minaj". Tasha paused for a while "You can't be serious" She began "I almost called the police, "you missesd your birthday" my ex boyfried \friend Jay sighed walking in from the bathroom.
"We had no idea where you were" "I know.." I sighed.

"Hope, I was banking on this, I ran away, I took off from foster care" she expressed "these are your parent the people who gave you up the first time round, qaot didnt Nicki think you died after she tried to abort you?,how can the judge put you back in their custody just like that?"

"Did you fight it, did you tell them our plan?" She looked at me. "What, for us to get emancipated and for us to live with your boyfriend Gavin and his friend Jay?"
"No I didnt mention that". "Living with two high school drop outs wouldn't have helped your case" jay mumbled. "Hey speak for yourself, I'm gainfully employed okay?" Gavin spoke.
I raised an eyebrow trying not to laugh "oh yeah? What's the 501k plan at dunkin' doughnuts?". "You know what? If your fancy new parents pay for you to go to college you could major in bitch". "Chill" jay sighed.

"Look Tash None of this is my fault, I never wanted this.." I teared up. Tasha pushed her hair backwards with the palm of her hand, "well get out of it, tell the judge or whatever they're unfit parents and that you don't wanna be with them".

I hesitated, speechless "look, wherever I am, you can Still get emancipated" I moved around as I talked. "How? If they don't approve you they'll never approve me, you're the one with the better grades the better references all he money saved your bank account was the key to he judge thinking we could afford our own place". "Tash." Jay interrupted.

"No Man, she said it herself okay, you didn't want this we had a plan, you and me together remember? Together" she heel my hands and looked at me. "You don't have to be with these people we can get your stuff right now".

"But its across town, at Onika's" I whispered. "well then lets go to Onika's". She faint smiled.

ONIKA POV
I sat down backstage at the Ellen show, today it was a life show being broadcasted all around the country and I new people were buzzing about Hope "Nicki!" Anna, my publicist, smiled quick walking towards me. "Okay about this whole thing you told me about your um..." "Daughter" I finished. "Yeah well we need you to not let them know about this and instead, say this" she said handing me her phone with some text written on it. I scanned it and bit my lip. "Can I have a moment?" I questioned and she nodded. I turned to look at Thembi and pulled her away "what do I do?" "Do I read it?". "Its your choice babe" she smiled hugging me. " is the lying part nessecary? because I'm lying to the barbz about Hope, I'm lying to the barbz about Safaree and I'm lying to Safaree about Aaron."

"Wait, what what?" "I'm gonna go give Kelly her phone" I turned around. "No Onika spill" she said stopping me and turning me around to face her.

I paused for a while "...Okay so the other night... When we were drunk..."

"Aaron and I kind of..." "Y'know we...." "Aaron and I slept together " I sighed. Thembi I gasped "shut up!" "We were really drunk, it was a mistake and meant nothing" I sighed. Thembi opened her mouth to speak again but was interrupted. "Nicki you're on in 5" the stage manager called out and I walked to the side of the stage.

HOPE POV
"So basically your mom's loaded" Gavin said shell shocked looking into cupboards. I shrugged in return. "Hey we should probably go before the lady gets back" Jay said from the couch. "No she's live on Ellen right now, she won't be back for a while" I said packing my clothes into my bag. "Let's check it out" Jay said turning on the and putting on Ellen. The TV flashed to life and and Nicki laughing and dancing with Ellen popped on the screen.

"Wow someone went on a shopping spree, do you think Nicki would mind if I borrowed these for my hearing?" Tasha remarked walking In with a bunch of clothes in hand. I sighed "okay put those down, they probably cost more than all four of us combined" I said reaching for them.

"Think it costs more than this?" Gavin walked in holding Nickis 60 carat engagement ring. I sighed Nicki must have left it here because no one even know she and SAFAREE are together again, let alone engaged. Why couldn't you have just taken the ring with you Nicki? Why?. "Put that back!" I scolded. "Why?, you said I needed a 501k, this is my plan right here." Tasha and Gavin marveled at the late diamond ring. I shook my head snatching it off him.

"Hey gavin, let's go" Jay said. Jay dapped me and Tasha before the two of them left.

"Sleeping in one of the many guest rooms, that screams temporary," Tasha sighed. "I've only been here for three days, its not like she planned on me being here, I don't think she planned on you staying, yeah just think of this as saving the two of them the trouble of kicking you out, how many foster homes have we been in? You know how these people are, one maitake and your gone".

"They're my family" I sigh sitting down. "Really? Cause I though we were your family, and now you wanna live with some man who already has one kid and three step children and barely has enough space in his car to get you both to school, also he forgot you jad school and some arrogant pompous female rapper who barely has time to look after you?" She hissed. "Maybe I don't wanna pack up all my shit and leave" I couldn't meet her in the eyes.
"So what if I'm sleeping in the guest room, or Nicki is always busy? At least I have a room and I'm not sleeping on a sofa with six kids, so what if Arron nearly forgot to take me to school, at least he tried rather than leaving me to walk a mile to school in the pouring rain," I sighed "for the first time on my life, I feel like someone wants me, so yeah... I want to stay".

The silence was eerie and all that could be heard was the television. I walked closer towards Tash. "Fine. Then stay" she said grabbing her bags. I watched her.

"Okay so their is rumours swirling about you having a child, there was even a photos of you and a girl who had a striking resemblance to you roaming around he imternet" I looked and watched the TV as a picture of me popped up on the screen

"I wanna set the record straight on that, I don't have a child nor do I have an adopted Child, my career neither am i ready for anything like that, it is all tabloid rumours, that's girl is just a barb, nothing more nothing less, so rest assured american I do not have a child out there" she smiled and I felt my insides churn. "Maybe, she doesn't want you as much as you thought" Tasha said turning around and slamming the door behind her. I just stood there staring at the TV until it became blurry, and trying not to cry