10

Saturday 4th March
Queens, New york
1999

"I remember how cold it was, I'd Never seen the snow before, I thought that it was going to be like a dream in some princess castle, I was so näive gosh" Onika spoke as her and Arron laid on the bench looking up at the stars

Onika buried her head further into the crook of Arron's neck. "No it's cute baby, you were a tiny kid, it's not näive at all, maybe just a little sugar coated tho" he laughed his husky voice music to her ears. "I guess, I just thought We'd alive somewhere nicer than south side Jamaica yknow" she expressed sighing,

Arron loved how when she was expressing something her dark brown eyes would shine, it was little things like that that made him love Onika more and more with each passing day

"One day baby, when you're a big and famous Hollywood star you won't need me and you'll be free from here" he states. I don't wanna be without you tho" she giggles. "Okay then when I finish college and I get my culinary arts degree and own a chain of resteraunts -but don't tell anybody that i wanna be a chef cause my niggas will think I've gone soft- (this earns a laugh from Onika) and you're an actress we'll leave here and we'll be stacking our millions okay?" He asks and Nicki nods. "Baby- I don't like you selling those drugs" she whispers to him randomly. "I know but it's so I can pay for college baby and then I promise we will live in or large house with our kids" "okay baby" she smiles "5 kids," Onika states "Gabriella- gabby for short is my favourite name if we ever have a girl" she smiles. "And Arron Jr for a boy" Arron smiles. "Boy bye" Onika snorts. As Arron looks on at her lovingly. "Why do you look at me like that?" She giggles noticing. "Cause I love you, I love everything about you, how you laugh, how you are so passionate, your voice, everything" he says kissing her softly. "I love you too" she hums, smiling so wide her jaw aches. But she can't help it. She's so happy. "Right now there's no place I'd rather be" she thinks aloud. Arron laughs at her "what baby, on a park bench, nearby where all the drug dealers deal drugs and the gangs fight?" He laughs. "No idiot!" She giggles " here... With you"

Saturday// 2015

Hope
"Ten seconds" I sigh exasperated. Nicki sniffs holding my hands gently in hers. "Listen hope, I don't commit to a lot of things, I know- but I'm committed to you...ignore what I said on the stupid television, I love you so much okay!?" She pauses as tears stream down her cheeks. "And I missed out of 16 years of your precious life and I'm back and I promise I'm going to try and make it up and be the best mother I can be... Because you deserve so much better" she whispered. "So please give me another chance, I just found you after I thought you were dead, you don't understand how much of a blessing that is to me" she says looking at me for a reply. I say nothing but I throw myself at Nicki wrapping my tiny arms as far around her small waist as I can. I don't exchange any words with her i just listen to her heartbeat. We remain like that for duck a long time (an hour probably) watching everything go by just sat together hugging on the bench. Until I- not really caring about spooling the moment- pull away smiling then reach into my pocket and grab my vape pen."hope!" She exclaims "whattt?" I whine "it's a vape pen! Although safaree told me you smoke so if you want a blunt I have loads in my pock-" "oh my god hope" Nicki interrupts. I laugh heartily. "Can we.. Go home?" I question and Nicki nods. "But... I want to stay at Arrons too, so it's even" I speak softly. "I'll text him to know I have you with me" she smiles kissing the top if my head as we head into the car. I look over her shoulder and see she had Arron down in her phone with a heart on it. I think they have a thing going on between them but whatever. "Can you call Arron so I can speak to him?" I ask I actually just want to make up with gabz, I don't have a phone cause well- frankly I can't afford one. I mean she's my little sister (even if only half and by a year or so). She hands me the phone and I hear Arron answer sounding panicked. "Hi Arron" "hope?" He questions exhaling in relief. "Yeah it's me, sorry I left Nicki and I just went for a walk.", I hear him mumble to himself "you made up?" "Mmm, yeah" I vaguely speak. "Can I talk to gabby?" He agrees and I hear the phone being passed. gabby whines incoherently about what to say through the receiver unknowingly before speaking "hey hope I'm sorry for-" "im sorry too I'm over it and I'm feuding with so many many people right now and I don't want my sister to be one of them" I ramble. "Are you coming back here today?" "Nah, tomorrow or the day after" I bluntly say. There is a shuffling noise as gabby fidgets on the other end of the line. "Hope?" She softly says "yeah?" "I love you"... There is a silence and I smile at my sisters words " I love you too gabz". The phone goes dead.

There is a comfortable silence as Nicki drives until I speak."Nicki?" "Yeah" "can we have Popeyes?" "Whatever you want baby girl" she says lovingly. I smile. We are actually acting like mother and Daughter. Too bad I know it won't last.

Sunday
Nicki and I actually bought a couple of things for my room so it's not totally empty now, and the walls are now violet-my favourite colour. I hear her calling me downstairs so I throw the homework in doing on the bed before making my way down her marble stairs (i don't know she had to choose marble of all things). " I have a surprise" she yells. I walk down and see, someone I wanted to see but was trying to out off visiting for as long as I can. "Who invited her here?" I mumble. "I did" Nicki responds.