2//interlude

onika.
10:00pm
"No I'm a terrible mother" I slurred drunk out of my own mind.

Hope had stormed off after court a couple of hours ago and because I was upset, Arron invited me over for hot chocolate. Only I decided I didn't want hot chocolate anymore, I wanted alcohol. As much of it as I could possibly consume.

"No"
Aaron began
"I should've been there for you all the time but I wasn't, I'm a worser person" he sways brandishing his cup in the air, In a drunken haze.

"No, i killed our baby, and I didn't even ask you" I said. "But you were my first love ...I should've been there...our baby isn't dead!" He argues back

"If I didn't down fuck it up we could've been a family..." I breathe out hoarsely, staring at my reflection in my glass.

"Just Aaron, and Onika, and Hope and Gabby" i feel the once ebbing tears starting to run down my cheeks.

"But she left again because of me...so Stupid" I sob.

"Stupid, stupid stupid Onika" I continue-working myself up

"Onika look at me," I shake my head.
"Look at me" he repeats lifting my chin up.

"You're trying your hardest, you're new to this." He looked at me with that same supportive smile that- that smile used to make me feel tingly inside when I was younger and I can't help but put my hand on his.

"Every time you look at me like that it makes me feel warm inside-like everything is OK" grins Aaron shyly.

"why is there ...two of you..." He looks at me and our eyes connects and leaning in  I, grab his t-shirt and balling my hands into fists before kissing him roughly, quickly pulling away.

He pulls me back in and I kiss him passionately

"I missed you...so much"
"I missed you"

Suppressing a moan I lean my neck to the side as he begins to kiss me there- right at the sweet spot he knows drives me crazy.

I lead him upstairs to his bed and straddle him beginning to fumbling to undo his belt buckle.

aaron.

I yawn turning over to see... "Onika!?" I yell surprised causing her to jump up-hair askew.
"oh my god" she screeches, "I have a fiance" she begins,

"and I have a fiancè and 3 stepkids!"I finish running my hands over my face.

"Okay so Cherry and the kids have gone to their grandma's  and Gabby away at a sleepover" I said. "

"And Safaree's at a business trip" she finished.

Nicki looks at me meaningfully and sighs finally,
"We can't speak about this again"

"deal" I reached my hand out and she shook it.

Before leaving she turned around and kissed me passionately one last time, I couldn't help but find myself kissing her back. "I'm sorry" she whispered leaving and I can't help but sense its underlying meaning.

"I'll be back later and we can look for Hope"